Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Peaceful Dove

This card was for the color challenge at SCS today. The colors were Old Olive, Cameo Coral and Creamy Caramel. I substituted an old in-color, Groovy Guava, for the Cameo Coral.

The background was sponged, and then I stamped images from Tree Silhouettes and Tropical Flowers. The dove is from The Magic of Christmas and was colored with Copics. I used nestabilities to create the ovals.

Check out this post by Joanne. Why does everything fun always happen far away from where I live? Wish I could go...

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

11 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

The colors come together so beautifully... tranquil and serene! I just read the Stamp New England post. Wow... wouldn't it be just a dream to go? :)

Elena said...

Love the color combination, Theresa!
I just read about this event Stamp New England. How lucky who can be part of this and meet in person all of the wonderful and talented stampers!

Tricia T said...

Your card is just beautiful. TFS. I know exactly what you mean about Stamp NE... I actually Googled how far it would be to drive there, but figured 18 hours was a little long! LOL

Carolina said...

Gorgeous card - the colors you put together are always so elegant and magical! Thanks for sharing this beauty!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow this is just stunning.

Kristine said...

Hi Theresa :) Thanks for leaving me a comment so I could find you again! You have such a beautiful way with sponging! I'm just in awe. This is such a gorgeous card!
Hugsxx

Sandy Knecht said...

This card is gorgeous!

Annapurna said...

One more sponging beauty. Love how you graduated the colors. Very nice!

Shirley said...

Beautiful! I love the way your image overlaps your layers! The color combo is really wonderful too!

Cat Tidwell said...

Just beautiful! You continue to WOW me like everyday! I couldnt see them colors working but you have done them up awesome!

Mrs Mac said...

This is gorgeous. It would make a beautiful Confirmation card.