Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pink Hot Air Balloon Tutorial

Hello! Today I have another Up and Away card and tutorial.

I started with a 2 3/8 by 3 5/8 inch piece of Pure Luxury White card stock and sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves ink.  

Then I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink.

And sponged Memento Rose Bud.

I stamped the silhouette grass using Memento Bamboo Leaves.

Then stamped the silhouette balloons using Memento Rhubarb Stalk, but I stamped off of scratch paper first, before stamping on my background, to make the images lighter. Oops, the little one is crooked! I'll have to hide that.

I stamped the hot air balloon using Memento Tuxedo Black in, on another piece of white cardstock.  I began coloring with a RV23 Copic marker.

 Then filled in with RV21.

Then for the darker stripes, I added RV17.

And filled in with RV14. After coloring, I cut out the hot air balloon.

I stamped the clouds using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, but again I stamped off on scratch paper to make them lighter. Then I cut out the images.

I layered my cut out images on the background, careful to cover up that balloon I had stamped crookedly. The hot air balloon is popped up with 3D Foam Squares. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a White card base.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

I love your vibrant color choices. Pinks and greens, touch of yellow - all looks so peaceful, laying in grass watching the balloons rise ;)

Cathy (Merciechild) said...

I love your card. Where did you get the grass stamp? I really like that . Hugs, Cathy K

Ravengirl said...

Very nice! I love the coloring on the balloon and I especially love those clouds!

denmo said...

Fab card, great colours, I quite liked the "crooked" baloon, gave impression is swaying in breeze! lol..hugs..Denise (UK) x