Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Country Get Well Card Tutorial

Hello! Today I decided to play along with the Sketch Challenge over at SCS. I still had Country Roads sitting on my desk from last week, so I used it again for this card.

To start I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White card stock to 2 ¼ by 5 ¼ inches and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink, using a Jumbo Sponge Dauber.

Sponged Memento Tangelo.

Sponged Memento Potter's Clay.

Sponged Memento Angel Pink.

Sponged Memento Summer Sky.

Sponged Memento Danube Blue.

Sponged Memento London Fog.

Using a torn sticky note as a mask, I sponged the bottom with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Removed the mask and stamped the wind mill with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Next, I stamped the truck on another piece of white, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Began coloring with my B93 Copic marker.

Then added B95.

 On the tires I used N5.

Then used C3 for the rims and fender. After coloring, I cut out the image.

The sentiment is from Vogue Vases 2. I layered with Pure Luxury Blue Denim and used a 4 ¼ by 5 ½ inch Kraft card base.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a fabulous day!

9 comments:

Jan said...

Very nice work. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I love how you created a scene on the side panel. This is such a lovely card - great job!

Nancy
smithr66 on SCS

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Great card for the guys. Love the coloring on the truck. Thanks for the great details.

Jamie Martin said...

This is a great man card, love the sponging!

Sharon Roselli said...

wow great card! Love that it could be a man card. beautiful coloring and great how to. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Hannah C said...

Wow, love this card

Dianne said...

Fantastic I love how you created the background stunning card thanks for always sharing...

Rosy Newlun said...

Your choice of shades and blending of the sky is remarkable! Great he-man card, Theresa!

Ava Gavloski said...

love your method of background blending/.
ava g