Monday, October 8, 2012

Feeling Wicked Tutorial

Hello! I'm finally getting around to posting the tutorial for this card I promised you, from our blog hop last week.

I started by cutting and embossing Pure Luxury White card stock with the largest die template from Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Labels Eighteen.  Then I began sponging with Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Next I sponged Memento Tangelo ink.

Sponged Memento Rose Bud ink.

Then sponged Memento Grape Jelly.

Sponged Memento Paris Dusk.

Then along the bottom, I sponged Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Next I stamped the fence, using more Tuxedo Black ink. Then I added the cat, bat and sentiment.

I then used an opaque white gel pen to add some highlights. I also added a bit of foliage to the background by using an image from Country Roads, inked with black and then stamped off before stamping on the background.

I used a Pure Luxury Vibrant Purple card base (4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches) and embossed with the same Spellbinders Labels Eighteen die template. Then I adhered the image to the card base. 

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you have a fabulous day! 


7 comments:

Mieke said...

Love it!

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow this is amazing and thanks so much for the how to. TSF AJ-

Jan Castle said...

Wonderful card...thanks for the tutorial on how you made it!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Lynne said...

Great card, great tutorial. Can you tell me if you use a different sponge for each change of color? Thanks

Gail said...

Beautiful as usual. I love that you show us the technique :) Thank you

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderfully done- love the colors and the white edging that makes them pop!

mjnic said...

Love your use of colour with your sponging! So beautiful. Thanks.