Friday, October 12, 2012

Autumn Windmill Tutorial

 Hello and happy Friday! I'm in the mood for fall, so I pulled out Country Roads and some of the pretty new Memento colors to make this autumn inspired card.

 To begin, I cut a piece of Pure Luxury Ivory card stock to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4 inches, then sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink in the center.

 I cut a mask using Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Classic Circles Sm and adhered using repositionable tape. Then I sponged More Memento Cantaloupe around the circle.

 Sponged Memento Toffee Crunch around the edges.

 Then sponged Memento Peanut Brittle.

 Next, I sponged Memento Rich Cocoa around the edges, then removed the mask and sponged some clouds using Memento Rich Cocoa and Peanut Brittle.

 Then using a stiff bristle brush, I added some Copic opaque white ink for some lighter clouds.

 I stamped the windmill with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

 Then stamped the larger foliage several times, with Memento Rich Cocoa.

And stamped the smaller foliage with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.


The sentiment is from Follow Your Dreams and also stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I layered with Pure Luxury Dark Chocolate and used Honey Mustard for the card base (4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches). 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fabulous weekend! 




10 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

Shut the door! Awesome (-:

Payne Holler Cards said...

ps I have no idea what that means other than its good (hear my grankids say it all the time LOL)

Rosie said...

A really very beautiful card. Thank you for the tutorial.

Have a lovely Weekend, Theresa

richardbreaks said...

Awe. Some. That is all.

Rachael said...

I love your sponging techniques! Might I encourage you to add this to Visible Images' Fall Challenge: http://visibleimage.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/inspired-by-autumn.html
Really lovely card!

Gail said...

Each time you amaze me more and more!

Pam B said...

AMAZING!!!! What else can I say. I think this has to be my favorite of all time. This gives me so much inspiration, I can't wait to grab my stamps and ink! Thanks so much.

Melanie said...

WOW!!!!!

Laine Kammeraad said...

Such a gorgeous card Theresa. So happy to have stumbled across your blog and I will be back to look at all the eye candy and tutorials. I am now a happy follower.

Hugs and smiles

Laine

Darla said...

Wow. Love this card. the colours are my favs and love the silhouttes.