Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Sneak Peek!

Hello everyone! Gina K has been posting sneak peeks on her blog of all the new stamp sets coming to the Gina K Designs store this coming Thursday and today she showed a little snippet of my new stamp set, Vogue Vases 2. This is a follow up to a set I released over a year ago, Vogue Vases. Many of the images from both sets will work interchangeably.
Vogue Vases 2 and all the new October stamps sets will become available for purchase on Thursday! Keep checking Gina's blog for more sneaks and be sure to check out the sneak peeks from yesterday and and the day before, too!
I began by stamping the vase, with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, on a piece of Pure Luxury Sun Kissed Pattern Paper.

I cut out the vase and added a bit of shading with my N5 Copic marker, using the blender pen to soften the edges of the color just a bit.

For the background I cut out Pure Luxury Ivory card stock using Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Classic Circles Lg. Then I sponged Memento Rich Cocoa ink around the edges, while still in the die template. 

Then I stamped the vase filler, twice, using Memento Bamboo Leaves ink. After stamping, I adhered the paper pieced vase over the stems.

I cut and sponged another circles for the sentiment.

Using the four individual words included in the set, I stamped them on the circle using Memento Rich Cocoa ink.

I also stamped the vase filler over the words, using Memento Bamboo Leaves ink, but I stamped off on scratch paper first to make the foliage lighter.

For my card  base, I used Pure Luxury Kraft (4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches). Before folding I embossed a frame, using Spellbinders Nestabilities Matting Basics B. I trimmed the edge off the larger circle, then adhered to the card base using Pop Dots. I added some Zva Creative bling to embellish. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fun weekend!


29 comments:

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Theresa and thanks for the sneak peek!!

Lori said...

Gorgeous Theresa!!! I can't wait to get this set!!!

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Beautiful card Theresa.

Judy Inukai said...

Awesome card. I love how the vase stamped on the patterned paper looks like expensive porcelain. Your tutorials are always wonderful. Blogger is doing funky things to me so you may get this twice.

Kitty said...

Your card is so pretty and I have Vogue Vases on my wish list and I will have to add this new one to. I wish that we could see the new stamps in full rather than sneak peaks. I love all of your stamps

Blessings,
Kat

Unknown said...

Love this card..its so classy. it could be used for a variety of occasions. Thanks susan

Queen Mary said...

OK Lady, this is really stunning! Beautiful card that could be included in a masculine gift set of all occasion cards! (I give my kids card sets and one of them is a boy!)

Patti J said...

Wow, Theresa - another fabulous set! Your card is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see all of the stamps! Thanks for sharing your magic with us :)

verna garrison said...

Love your card now the hard part !!
WAIT !!! I'M not good at that..

Diana E. said...

I agree with Verna Garrison...oh this waiting period is so hard and five days away. Thanks so much for the tutorial.

Ravengirl said...

Looks wonderful! This is going to be a fabulous companion set!

crotnem said...

Very stunning as always, tfs

Anonymous said...

I love your card. It is awesome.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Joan
MN

Nana Griffin said...

Lovely card Theresa! I was wondering about that matting basic B do they just emboss or can you do either cut or emboss with them? Looking forward to this set coming out. I have the vogue vase set already and love it.

Cheryl Faxon said...

Love this set....could be used in so many ways ! And to Judy I. in St.Louis...that's my hometown ! Where do you shop for your supplies...my recent trip there turned up little inspiration. Help Please !

little debbie said...

Thank you for including tutorials with your posts. It is so frustrating to see something beautiful and not be able to figure out how to reproduce it,(and all your things are beautiful).

Theresa Momber said...

@nanruth - Yes! They cut-emboss-stencil. I love to use them for cutting, too, but sometimes I just use the second to largest die template to create a frame on my card base. I love the Matting Basics!

Here is a card where I used this set to cut also…

http://craftingtheweb.blogspot.com/2012/09/golden-holiday-tree-tutorial.html

Golda said...

Wow! This is gorgeous.

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi, Theresa - Looks like you have another winner of a stamp set!!! I can't wait to get it. I also read about Darsie further down on your blog. How heart breaking! I'll see what I can do to help. Best wishes! Rosy

Ava Gavloski said...

thanks for sharing the details on this card, appreciated/. congrat's on your feature article in the scrap and stamp art magazine.
ava g

Nancy Jensen said...

Gorgeous card!

Rosie Guiher said...

Wow beautiful card! Thanks for showing how you did it.

Unknown said...

stunning, beautiful, awesome etc . no words to say great cards thanks for sharing

Debbie Adams said...

Your card is simply beautiful! Just love how you added the dp for the vase. Awesome stamp set. : )

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful card, T -- can't wait to work with this set!

Betty Neville said...

So beautiful, Theresa! Looking forward to seeing the rest of this set! :)

Unknown said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous. I'd love to have this set!

Nana Griffin said...

Thanks for answering my question on the matting basic B. I looked at your other tutorial where it cut out the frame. I looked at these in a stamp store and the lady told me they always cut out the frame so I wanted to be sure these were the same dies and did both or only embossed. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Sharon Underwood said...

Wow! You did so much with a beautiful stamp! Learning from you is exciting, and I love your stamps!Thank you for showing steps.