I wanted to use one of my favorite books from when my daughter was little, Miss Spider's Tea Party. I just love the beautiful, vibrant illustrations in this book. I chose the photo on the right as the source of my inspiration. Since my new set doesn't have a spider, I mainly focused on using the same colors in my card. I used the daffodils from Sending Sunshine as the main focal image, and added the butterflies, also from that set. The bees are from Melanie's new stamp set, A Beautiful Life.
If you haven't already, stop by GinaK's Blog for more information on tonight's Challenge Hop
- Challenge: Choose favorite children's book and make a project inspired by the book. Include photo of book along with why you chose it and how it inspired your project.
- Requirement: use one of the March Release stamp sets: A Beautiful Life, By Your Side, Fairy Tales, Friends, Happy Spring, Nana's Needlework, Nana's Needlework Sentiments, Sending Sunshine, Spring Mix, or Spring Has Sprung
- Deadline: Monday, April 12th at 8 pm
- Prize: CenterStage Spotlight Designer for April (receives entire April release!)
To keep the inspiration going, check out these GinaK Designer's joining in on the hop tonight:
- Jessica Fick
- Nina Brackett
- Tami Mayberry
- Melanie Muenchinger
- Theresa Momber
- Carolyn King
- Cathy Tidwell
- Lee Murphy
- Erika Martin
- Jennie Harper *March CSS Guest Designer Winner*
- Emily Giovanni
To make my card, I stamped the daffodils with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then used Copics to color, starting with YR07.
I added Y17.
I filled in with Y000, also using it to blend. Then I added more Y17 and YR07, to intensify the color.
For the foliage, I used G05 all over and added G28 for shading. Then I cut out the image.
For the background, I started by sponging some Memento Cantaloupe ink on Pure Luxury White layering weight cardstock.
Then I sponged Memento Tangelo, starting around the edges and working my way in.
Sponged Memento Lady Bud.
Sponged SU Real Red, just around the very edges.
The bees and butterflies were colored with Copics and cut out. For the yellow layer, I stamped the butterfly with Memento Cantaloupe on Pure Luxury Sweet Corn cardstcok and added some dots with a Memento marker. Additional layers are Black Onyx and the cardbase is Pure Luxury Red Hot.
Thanks for hopping by. I hope your day is fabulous!