Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tropical Elegance

Here is a card you saw me preview while we were doing sneak peeks prior to the last release at Gina K Designs. I have the step by step photos that I haven't posted yet, so I thought I would go ahead and share them in case anyone is interested in the details.

I used the new Free With Three stamp set, Tropical Blooms (flowers) and the new set from Nina Bracket, Elegant Verses (sentiment).

I used my Memento markers to apply ink to the flower stamp. I used Lulu Lavender to ink up the whole image and then applied Grape Jelly to the centers.

Then I "huffed" like crazy on the stamp to re-moisten it and stamped. Then repeated the process for the smaller flower.

I went over both images with a Versa Mark pen, so my clear embossing powder would have something to stick to and then heat embossed.

After embossing I sponged Lavender Lace (SU) around the edges of my circle (cut with circle Nestabilities). Then I cut a smaller circle for my sentiment and sponged it while still in the die.

Stamped one of the other flower images from Tropical Blooms in a random pattern to create a background paper.


I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used dark purple cardbase. That gorgeous purple ribbon is from the StampTV kit, Signs of Autumn.

Thanks for visiting. Have a happy weekend!!

3 comments:

mudmaven said...

Absolutely gorgeous! ~chris

lisa808 said...

Beautiful!

Tina said...

Ohhh I love this. You know purple touches my heart. *smile*