Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mountain Scene

Tonight I played along with the Featured Stamper challenge at SCS. NancyRuth is the featured stamper this week and what a fabulous gallery to choose from! I was looking for a masculine card, since I need a card for my dad's upcoming birthday. I chose this card by NancyRuth for my inspiration. I changed...

Different Stamps
Changed Layout
Added More Color

Here are the details...

I stamped the mountain scene from Happy Camper with Memento Ink and colored with Copic markers, starting with YG95, YG99 and E35 for the trees.

Started with N3 in the shadows on the mountain.

Blended out with C1 and my blender pen.

Added BV11 to add a touch of purple to the mountains.

Used W1, W3 and N3 for the rocks and shadows.

I colored the foreground with Copics also, starting with YG93.

Blended out with YG91 and used my blender pen to create some highlights.

Before I sponged the sky, I used my B21 marker and my blender pen to get in close to the mountain and trees. Then I sponged using Ballet Blue ink.

To make the background panel, I sponged River Rock ink (retired SU) on Pure Luxury White cardstock.

Then I sponged just a bit of Old Olive ink.

Stamped the tree from Tree Silhouettes using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I also stamped on the right side (not pictured).

I layered both panels with Pure Luxury Black Onyx cardstock and used a River Rock card base (retired In-color from SU).

Thanks for visiting. I'll be back tomorrow (Sunday) night with the first previews for the latest Gina K Designs release. My set will be previewing and I am so excited for you to see it and I'll be offering one set as blog candy.

Have a great day!

17 comments:

Beth S said...

Hi Theresa. As always simply beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial. I'm going to try this one.

Elena said...

Wow! This card is abasolutely amazing! I love this mountain scene. So beautiful! I love the trees on the background panel too!

Lori said...

Super! I really like how you have the trees on the bottom layer, with your scene layered above.

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa.
Your details are and colouring are amazing!!

Karen x

AKiteFlier said...

ooooh la la - beautiful T! And a new set - oh my goodness - I'll be waiting for sure to see what fabulousness you bring to us now :-)

Patti J. said...

I feel like I'm looking out the window at a lodge in Colorado! Beautiful work Theresa! And can't WAIT to see the new set!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

OMGoodness, you just gave me a shiver thinking how fun a new Theresa stamp set is going to be! It is almost Thursday and I can't wait! The challenge card you made here is wonderful! Perfect for a special man.

Robin McK said...

Hi Theresa,
I love this card! I was wondering how you get your sponging to look so smooth - as opposed to blotchy, or spotted. I have the sponges and the jumbo sponge dauber, but I wanted to know how you apply the ink to make it look so smooth. Any tips?
Thanks!
Robin

Granny P said...

Another amazing card -my DH would really appreciate a card like this. I love the silhouette trees on your background layer and the black brads and mats really add to the overall effect.

Christi said...

Oh, wow!!! Your card is absolutely amazingly gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for the detailed Copic tutorials you do. I appreciate them so much!!! I am so super excited about your new set and can't wait to see the previews tonight!!!

Carol said...

Absolutely beautiful! You continue to add beauty to the stamping world!

Deebi27 said...

Even if I don't have similar stamps in my collection for "painting", your tutorials still really help me out. Thanks! Also even though the colors aren't my favorite, I love this card. Your stamping, sponging, "painting" and creativity are just wonderful!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous mountain scene Theresa! I love seeing how you do your coloring!

Karen W said...

beautiful scene and what a wonderful way to finish this card. Thanks for some new idea for my scenic stamping!!

Kimmiek said...

Excellent juxtoposition!(sp) The sky just amazing!
Everything looks so real I think I can reach out & feel the cold mountian stone!

liannallama said...

wow! your cards are amazing and have such great depth and texture! I must add you to my blog feeds!

Unknown said...

Stunning... simply stunning!!!