Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Guest Designer - Karen Knegten

Today I have three fabulous creations from the super talented Karen Knegten. When I first saw all the stunning cards Karen uploads to her gallery at StampTV, I knew I had to invite her as a guest designer.

On the card above, Karen paired up Autumn Blessings with Melanie's Inspiration Mosaic and what an incredible background she did on this card! I love her beautiful coloring and the way she backed the sentiment with netting.

Look at the great texture and sketch on this card! Karen has such a talent for coloring and I love those little micro beads. Karen told me they are Judikins 14K gold glass beads. Wow! She also tucked a piece of my digital paper, All About Autumn, in the background.

I love the warm, misty feel of this mailbox card! The delecate sponging really makes the image pop and that knotted hemp twine is too cool!

I asked Karen to share a few questions to get to know her better...

How long have you been stamping and how did you get started? I started making cards about 3 years ago, but really didn't start stamping until about 1 1/2 years ago. There's no turning back now!!!

What are your favorite kinds of projects/techniques? My faves are stamped images and coloring with Copics and/or Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS, and projects using my Cuttlebug. I am trying very hard to perfect my shading and sponging techniques.

What inspires you in your crafting? In general, I'd have to say the internet. In particular, I'd have to say Stamp TV and all the encouragement from the very talented people who are members. Gina's videos are awesome, and always inspires me to stretch my imagination, and to think outside the box. Theresa's talent with color really inspires me.

Thank you Karen for the wonderful Autumn Beauty inspiration!

If you would like some more Autumn Beauty inspiration, my other guest designers, Jennie Harper and Pam Imholz have projects to share today! Hop on over for a looksie!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is full of fun!

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Theresa, Karen's cards are beautiful and showcase your stamps perfectly. Love all the details and colors.

Jennie said...

Beautiful cards by Karen! Love the detail she gives each... In the first one love the fibers behind the sentiment and the way she used the Mosaic. I love hte layering and the coloring on the sunflower in the second. The third card is beautiful with the coloring (love the pumpkins by the mailbox) and the sponging...Just gorgeous designs :o)

Elena said...

Wow! These are cards are stunning! Karen is a very talented artist! I love every detail about her gorgeous projects!

redwasher1 said...

Theresa, what beautiful cards Karen has done showcasing your set!! She is a great artist and her creativity is fantastic!! Can't wait to see more.

AKiteFlier said...

Wow Karen has brought in three winners for sure - all unique and each lovely in its own way. Thanks for sharing Karen's fabulous projects - the coloring and sponging are wonderful. (see what you've started Theresa LOL) FANTASTIC Karen!

Donna said...

Woo Who, Theresa! You certainly picked the right guest designer. Karen has done a fabulous job! I love all the cards. Karen, your talent amazes me. Keep up the great work! Big hugs!

Maria said...

Fabulous cards Karen! Wonderful job!!

Anonymous said...

I may be a bit biased, but my Mom is the best! Congrats Mom!

-mike