Sunday, September 20, 2009

Guest Designer - Jennie Harper


Today I have a gorgeous project from my guest designer, Jennie Harper, to share with you. I've been a fan of Jennie for some time now and love everything she does. As soon as I completed the drawings for Autumn Beauty, I knew I wanted Jennie as a guest designer for this set.

Jennie has made so many beautiful samples, including this fabulous altered frame! I love the way she created the sentiment in the upper right corner using the same Nestabilities dies as in the left bottom, only smaller. And the way she positioned the leaves and diagonal ribbon really direct the eye all around the frame and then in toward the photo. It's a beautiful composition.

I asked Jennie a few questions to get to know her better...

How long have you been stamping and how did you get started? I was first introduced to stamping the summer of 2000 through an invitation to a Stampin' Up! party. I thought it was neat but was hesitant to start a new hobby. Well, fast forward to 2005 and I had gone to a few more parties and then the "stamping bug" bit me BIG TIME! I was a Stampin' Up! demo for several years but quickly became a fan of so many companies I knew it was time to spread the love :o)

What are your favorite kinds of projects/techniques? I love making cards....it is by far my favorite thing to create but, scrapbooking is a very close second. As far as a favorite technique, I love paper piecing and coloring with Copics.

What inspires you in your crafting? I am inspired by so many things.... Anything from magazines, to fabric, and even wrapping paper. I also enjoy getting inspiration from the Stamp TV gallery, especially when my mojo takes an unannounced vacation :o)

Thank you Jennie!

To see another awesome project by Jennie, hop on over to her blog, Stampin' Away the Day.

Thanks for visiting! Have a great day!

3 comments:

redwasher1 said...

Jennie, I love your carved pumpkins!! Awesome coloring and perfect frame.

Elena said...

Gorgeous frame! I love the colors of it! This stamp set is perfect for this cute picture!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a wonderful layout! The rich colors are beautiful!