Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Summer Sun Rose

Hello! Today I played along with the color challenge at SCS, to use Summer Sun, Only Orange and Kiwi Kiss (or Old Olive). I used the rose from Melanie's A Year of Flowers for my focal image.

First I stamped the rose using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with the Copics shown above. I started with the darkest color, R29, in the deepest parts of the flower, then added each color going from dark to light. When I was finished, I used my blender pen to add some lighter areas to the tips of the petals.

After coloring, I cut a mask using the same stamp and added re-positionable tape to stick it down on the image. Then I sponged the background with Certainly Celery and Old Olive (I don't have a Kiwi Kiss ink pad).

with the mask still in place I stamped some leaves around the rose using Old Olive ink. I used my Copics to color the leaves (not shown).

For the larger panel, I sponged Certainly Celery and Old Olive again. Then I stamped the branches from Tropical Flowers in opposite corners.

I layered both pieces with Basic Black and Summer Sun card stock, using Summer Sun for the card base.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

Elena said...

So beautiful! It is a whole art to color with Copics! Amazing coloring! Gorgeous layout!

Tracey said...

An incredible card Theresa! Lovely as always!

craftimamma said...

What beautiful colouring of a beautiful image. Fabulous Theresa!

Lesley Xx

Chelsea said...

gorgeous ... love your coloring!

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful, great job on the challenge :)

Tee McNeil Art said...

Theresa, You are an inspiration. You are always willing to share your immeasurable knowledge with the rest of us.

You have been nominated for the Lemonade Stand Blog Award. You can pick it up at my blog tomorrow.

Thank you so much!
Tee

Wanda said...

OMG, your card is absolutely gorgeous!! TFS

AKiteFlier said...

STUNNING - ooooooooooooooo aahhhhhhhhhhhhh - I have finally realize I recognize your cards without knowing it's you - you are SO awesome. WOWzA

Lee said...

Someday...someday Theresa....I'm gonna visit you just so you can teach me how to color!!!!! FABULOUS!!!

Lori said...

I have to get these markers! You have great tutorials, but I have no Copics. Keep up the good work!

Deb Neerman said...

Beautiful! I love the way the piercing sets off the image so perfectly!

Gorgeous stamp, terrific coloring, and the color combo is really kewl!

Shirley said...

Absolutley stunning~

Heather "Hev" said...

Stunner!!

Anonymous said...

today is the first time I've ever come across your blog and I have to say I love it. Love your colouring tutorials -Even though I don't have Copics - great technique. But your cards are way beyond just the colouring, you put together a great card from the base up!!!