Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring Blossoms

Happy Tuesday! I decided to play in the Timeless Tuesday challenge this week found on the Flourishes blog. The challenge was to use beads on a card or project, so I added some beads to a corsage pin and stuck it through my ribbon bow.

I also followed the color challenge at SCS today which was Ballet Blue, Garden Green and Cameo Coral. I don't have Cameo Coral, so I had to improvise with my Copics when coloring the magnolias.

So I think I have told you just how bad I am at coloring and never seem to stay in the lines, but today I am just going to throw it all out there and admit that I am a slob. I think I must be the laziest, most slovenly, sloppiest card maker alive. I work amidst piles of scraps and supplies, take short cuts, make mistakes and to top it off, I am slow. When you work like that, mistakes seem to occur on a regular basis.

Today's card was one of those cards that nothing seemed to go right with. I dropped the stamp on my cardstock after stamping and got a ghost image where I didn't want one. I used too much pressure when sponging and crinkled my cardstock. I smeared ink on my white card base after gluing down my layers, ruined it trying to remove the ink smear, then had to pull the layers up and cut a new cardbase. Then on my new card base, I accidentally grabbed my ticket corner punch instead of my corner rounder and punched a corner before I noticed. It's a wonder this card survived. I think I need a nap now. LOL

Here are some details...

I colored the image, from Fourishes Lilac set, using Copic markers. I used RV21, RV23 and RV25, then I added E51 to the pink area to make it look a little closer to Cameo Coral. You can see the mistake image right there in the middle. I decided the image itself was salvageable, so I colored it and then cut it out.

Cut the top panel with my Nestabilities and sponged with Bashful Blue and Ballet Blue, while still in the die, leaving a white border.

For the green panel, I sponged Certainly Celery and Garden Green inks. Then I flipped the cardstock over and scored every 1/2 inch on the diagonal, using my scor-pal. Then I rotated the cardstock and scored again to create a diamond pattern. Scoring from the back of the cardstock, made raised scor lines on the front.

Here is a close-up of the finished card. I adjusted the sketch to cover up my crinkled corner and the cardbase is a little narrower than the usual 4 1/4 inches, since I had to trim away the unwanted ticket corner punch.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is fun and mistake free!

16 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

LOLOL, you're having one of 'those' days, huh?!?

The card is just gorgeous and you'd never know you had all those 'issues.' Great coloring, too!

Kimberly Crawford said...

OH WOW! that is beyond gorgeous!!! WOW! I think I might need to keep saying that! WOW!! :) thanks for playing along!!!

Anita said...

Beautiful card! It is great to hear that others have one of those days.

Tamara said...

I am glad I am not the only one that is a messy crafter. I *always* have scraps all over my craft table. I often take things out to the kitchen or dining room because I don't have room to work in my craft room.

I am sorry you seem to be having a particularly bad day. On the plus side, your card is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

A Consuming Passion said...

OMG, I should have such a good outcome after making mistakes.! I would be thrilled with this card its fantastic - go have a cup of coffee and make another one.
Sue

Patti J. said...

Lol - poor dear! I am, however, so happy to know that you make the same mistakes that some of us make! Your card is still amazingly gorgeous - wonder what it would have looked like error-free??? Beautiful job and great tutorial!

Carol said...

The sign on my craft room door says "Creative Clutter is better than Idle Neatness!" Besides, doesn't that pile of scrap paper serve as inspiration??!! I love knowing you belong to the human race ;0).....Your work is something I look forward to seeing each day! (I wish I was as good at covering my MANY mistakes. I have to start over way too much! Have a happy day!

Anonymous said...

OMG... Too funny! Your blog is hilarous! I've had days like that too! The card turned out beautifully!! Absolutely Stunning... No one would EVER suspect it had such a hard beginning!! :o)

Anna said...

This is stunning!!! I haven't posted in a few days, but I did like your latest projects as well :)

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa.
Beautiful image and coloring, love the big bow too!

Karen x

Ashley Newell said...

This is STUNNING!

Lee said...

Haha........glad I'm not the only one working amongst my mess....I just don't want to take the time, yet I like clean spaces........oh well.....I AM an oxy-moron!!! LOL

And this card is sooooo pretty....I love the greens and blues and that's a sketch I have GOT to CASE!!!

Chelsea said...

love the look of this card ... gorgeous!

Betty Wright said...

STUNNING!!!! Fabulous coloring and created background panels. Lovely work!!!! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!!

Elena said...

Oh, Theresa if you are not good at coloring, so all of my cards should go to recycle...
Your coloring is always amazing, Theresa! And I am glad that you saved your card!