Happy Tuesday! I decided to play in the Timeless Tuesday challenge this week found on the Flourishes blog. The challenge was to use beads on a card or project, so I added some beads to a corsage pin and stuck it through my ribbon bow.
I also followed the color challenge at SCS today which was Ballet Blue, Garden Green and Cameo Coral. I don't have Cameo Coral, so I had to improvise with my Copics when coloring the magnolias.
So I think I have told you just how bad I am at coloring and never seem to stay in the lines, but today I am just going to throw it all out there and admit that I am a slob. I think I must be the laziest, most slovenly, sloppiest card maker alive. I work amidst piles of scraps and supplies, take short cuts, make mistakes and to top it off, I am slow. When you work like that, mistakes seem to occur on a regular basis.
Today's card was one of those cards that nothing seemed to go right with. I dropped the stamp on my cardstock after stamping and got a ghost image where I didn't want one. I used too much pressure when sponging and crinkled my cardstock. I smeared ink on my white card base after gluing down my layers, ruined it trying to remove the ink smear, then had to pull the layers up and cut a new cardbase. Then on my new card base, I accidentally grabbed my ticket corner punch instead of my corner rounder and punched a corner before I noticed. It's a wonder this card survived. I think I need a nap now. LOL
Here are some details...
I colored the image, from Fourishes Lilac set, using Copic markers. I used RV21, RV23 and RV25, then I added E51 to the pink area to make it look a little closer to Cameo Coral. You can see the mistake image right there in the middle. I decided the image itself was salvageable, so I colored it and then cut it out.
Cut the top panel with my Nestabilities and sponged with Bashful Blue and Ballet Blue, while still in the die, leaving a white border.
For the green panel, I sponged Certainly Celery and Garden Green inks. Then I flipped the cardstock over and scored every 1/2 inch on the diagonal, using my scor-pal. Then I rotated the cardstock and scored again to create a diamond pattern. Scoring from the back of the cardstock, made raised scor lines on the front.
Here is a close-up of the finished card. I adjusted the sketch to cover up my crinkled corner and the cardbase is a little narrower than the usual 4 1/4 inches, since I had to trim away the unwanted ticket corner punch.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is fun and mistake free!