Sunday, May 31, 2009

Soccer Girl


Hi Happy Stampers! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Here is another scrapbook page I did for the Gina K release party last week. I used Melanie's new set, Sporty Accessories and combined it with a few images from Just So Sporty. As soon as I saw Melanie's new set, I knew it would be perfect for preserving all those fun photos from the sports my daughter played when she was younger. I have piles and piles of soccer, T-Ball, basketball, swimming and softball photos and now I have the perfect stamps to scrap them with.

Here are the details...

I started by stamping the tee shirt from Just So Sporty and then stamped the soccer ball from Sporty Accessories. Then I started my Copic coloring with BG07 around the edges.

Blended from there with BG05, using small circles.

Added BG02, then added some lighter areas with my blending pen. Then went back to the darkest areas with BG07 again.

After coloring, I added the words "All Star" from Just So Sporty to the tee shirt. Then I cut out the image. I used the same colors for the banner and stamped Go Team. I love the banner and horn, with the angled sentiments that fit so nicely. I didn't even have to use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up.

I stamped some more soccer balls and cut them out to place around the page. I made that star background paper using the star border stamp from Ribbons and Stripes. I love those border stamps. They are going to be so nice to doing a lot of different backgrounds and techniques. I used Tempting Turqoise to ink up the stamp and then stamped off once on scratch paper, so it would be a little lighter. Then just repeated the image over the whole paper. I also sponged around the edges a bit with Tempting Turquoise.

I see Gina has a new acrylic block to fit the the stamps in Ribbons and Stripes and I am going to get one with my next order. The stamps in that set are nearly 7 inches long! I'm getting by without having the block for now. I found I could use a piece of Plexiglas from an old stamp positioner, and they even fit on the little plastic case from my Metallic rub on paste. Joanne used her Cuttlebug plates. So don't worry if you ordered the stamp set and don't have a block to fit it, you can improvise with other things you have around. I really do want the new acrylic block, though, because it is nice and thick and easy to grip and it has those nifty gridlines printed on it, for easy placement. I think it will be really great to use with Melanie's The Best Things in Life set, or any word set.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is wonderful!

8 comments:

Elena said...

The page is so cute! I really love how you put the shirt and balls! Great stamp set!!!

Monica-FC said...

love the layout and how you used the stamp and how you shaded it. nice to see others using stamps on their layouts also.

Tracey said...

This is a fantastic page Theresa! I love the colours!

Cat Tidwell said...

This is such a fantastic page Theresa! I love how you did the bg and how the colors match your daughters shirt too!

the PaperTemptress said...

Girlfriend, I am all into scrapbooking right now since PaperTemptress is now carrying many of it's fabulous cardstocks in a SQ FT now (technical talk for 12 x 12)including many sheets that you can not find anywhere else with lots of different textures, colors, and finishes including the Neenah Classic Crest that everyone loves for coloring with copic markers! Love the page and your daughter is adorable. She looks JUST like you! I am so envious of your talent!! As I can say is Theresa you are a ROCK STAR!

Patricia
www.papertemptress.com
Check out PaperTemptress's blog
and June's specials!
www.blogs.papertemptress.com

"A GIRL CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH PAPER" - Lisa Bearnson

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous page, Theresa.
Love the colors and all your details. Your daughter is so pretty...she looks just like you!!

Karen x

Lee said...

How sweeeeeeeeet!!!!! Those blues are sooo perfect with the adorable photos!!!

Melanie said...

this page rocks!!! goooooooooooooooooo Theresa!