Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Howdy!

Hello! Boy, I am way late posting today. I had my annual eye exam this morning and they put those drops in my eyes to dilate them. It took forever for them to wear off enough for me to see straight to stamp. The official verdict is I have over 40 eyes and it's time for progressive lenses. Yikes! At least they are called progressive. That sounds so much better than bifocals - and no icky lines. Gotta love technology. Now I can grow old in style. LOL

Here are the deets for this card...

I stamped the cowboy hat from Out West (Gina K Designs) and then stamped it again on scrap paper, and cut that one out to make a mask. I applied re-positionable tape to the mask and placed it over the original image, then stamped the cowboy boots.

After removing the mask, I used a brown Memento marker to go over the area between the decorative stitching, the soles and heels. Then, I used my golden yellow and light brown Koh-i-noor colored pencils to color the parts shown above. I used Odorless Mineral Spirits(OMS) and a blending stump to blend the colors.

Next, I used the light and dark brown Koh-i-noor pencils to color the rest of the boots, blending with OMS.

For the cowboy hat, I used the light brown, keeping it very light in most areas, but pressing firmly in the darker areas. Again, I used OMS and a blending stump to smooth the color.

If you look closely, you can see a vertical pencil line that I drew using a straight edge. I used my paper snips to cut along the line, cutting around the images where they crossed over.

I heat embossed the images with clear embossing powder. I used my Versa Mark pen over the entire image so the powder would adhere. Then I sponged some So Saffron ink.

Sponged Creamy Caramel ink.

Sponged Pumpkin Pie ink and then added free-hand score lines with my Scor-bug and tan Spellbinders mat.

The bottom panel was sponged in the same way as above. I stamped a tree from Tree Silhouettes, using Sahara Sand ink. The horizontal panel on the bottom is from the new Rough and Rugged digital paper from Gina K.

Oops, forgot to mention above, this is the sketch from today's sketch challenge over at SCS.

Thanks for stopping by and for all your comments yesterday. It's good to know I am not alone in my messy/clumsy cardmaking. Have a terrific day!

9 comments:

the PaperTemptress said...

I am going to have to break out the versamark pens and the clear embossing powder and finally try this technique you do so well!!

Patricia
www.papertemptress.com
Check out PaperTemptress's blog
and May's specials!
www.blogs.papertemptress.com

"A GIRL CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH PAPER" - Lisa Bearnson

AKiteFlier said...

GORGEOUS - are we allowed to use that word with a masculine card??? Well I'm using it - I just love what you did here - I'm trying to figure out what you are using to do your sponging because you know I adore your sponging - great great job! Hugs n smiles.

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful but that's no surprise. :) I have got to get back to making some cards using the sponging technique. It has been too long since I've last done it. I look at your cards and drool.

I wear progressive lenses. Of course I'm over 40.......way over. Ha-ha. You will like them once you get used to them.

Mary

Unknown said...

Handsome card, I'll have to get this stamp.

Judy Covey said...

Love your card Theresa, perfect as usual. Like how you stamped the boots and hat and then sized your paper.

Julia Aston said...

Another cute boot card! love the gloss on them Theresa~!

Elena said...

Again and again I am amazed of your gorgeous coloring, Theresa!

Lee said...

My GOSH girl!!!! Those boots and the hat are the MOST realistic ever!!!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Just when I think you can't make something more amazing than your last amazing something, along comes this!!

Simply bee-you-tea-full!

Welcome to 'Over 40' ... it takes grit, toughness, and nerves o'steel to be a member of this fun club! But, and here's the good news: if you think this is sucky, just wait and see what fun stuff comes along next! Sigh, whaddya gonna do? It certainly beats the alternative ...

Have a great weekend and a lazy, fattening, and giftful Mommy's Day!