Monday, December 3, 2012

Gina K Inspiration Hop Day 1


Hello! Today the Gina K Design team are featuring two stamp sets from our November release, Lots of Letters and Warm Woolen Mittens. First up I have a card with Lots of Letters, an exciting new set from Melanie Muenchinger. This alphabet stamp set is so fun to use because of the wonderful little background tiles she included in the set. The possibilities are endless. 

I stamped the circle background in different colors, then added some shading with Copics before adding the letters. Then I punched out each one using a 3/4 inch circle punch and layered them on a simple white card base. Next, I stamped "happy" above the circles and added decorative score lines with my Scor-Pal. Be sure to check out Melanie's Lots of Letters Pinterest Board for so many ideas and clever ways to use this set! 

Next up is Becky Oehlers' new set, Warm Woolen Mittens. I love all the fun ways you can combine the  mittens and cuffs with this set! It'll be great for so many cards and scrapbook pages all winter long. I have step by step photos for this card below...

 
The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina and the Design Team will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners check the Big News forum at Stamp TV a few days after the hops.

Start hopping here…
Becky Oehlers – Illustrator Warm Woolen Mittens
Melanie Muenchinger – Illustrator Lots of Letters
AJ Otto
Beth Silaika
Carolina Buchting
Carolyn King
Cathy Tidwell
Deb Felts
Emily Giovanni
Giovana Smith
Jimmi Mayo
Lee Murphy
Lori McAree
Michelle Woerner
Sharon Harnist
Suzanne Dean
Tami Mayberry
Theresa Momber
Tina Gilliland
Vicki Dutcher

And be sure to check out Melanie's fabulous guest designer, Beate Johns!



To start, I stamped the open line mittens with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, on a sheet of Red Carpet designer paper. 

I added some shading to the mittens with a BV000 Copic markers. 

 Then added a little more shading with C5.

 I stamped the open cuff twice, then added some shading with BV000 and C3.

 I added some iridescent glitter to the cuff, then cut out all the images, adhering them together.

 For the background, I used Spellbinders™ Marvelous Squares Nestabilities®, to cut and emboss a piece of Pure Luxury White card stock. Then I sponged Memento Lulu Lavender, while still in the die template.

 Then I sponged very lightly with Memento Grape Jelly.

 I stamped the sentiment using Memento Paris Dusk.

 For the next layer, I used the larger size die template, from Marvelous Squares, again sponged with Memento Lulu Lavender.

I adhered the layers, using Pop Dots, to a Pure Luxury Lovely Lavender card base (4 ¼ by 4 ¼ inches). I added a piece of silver cord, connecting the mittens, and also adhered those with Pop Dots.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fabulous day!


59 comments:

Becky said...

Shading those cuffs before adding teh glitter is SUCH a GREAT idea!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Theresa, these are both wonderful, especially like how you did the mittens! TFS

Beate said...

Beautiful cards! Love your paper pieced mittens!
Hugs and smiles

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh so awesome T! I really love the shading on the mittens and then the glitter, perfect!

--Marcy said...

Super cards again Theresa! You are the most dedicated to excellence card maker out there. Even the most simple theme get your touch of elegance!

Melanie said...

I LOOOOVE the shading on the mittens and the sparkly cuffs!! the birthday card is super happy, love who you showed a long word (and one you need a lot for cards like 'birthday"!) stamped in the frames like that can fit across! :)

Anne Molberg said...

I so love your cards. What great ideas you have!!

Olga said...

The first one is so colorful! The mittens on the second card are great!

Sharon Harnist said...

Wonderful cards, T -- I really like the accent embossing you did on the birthday card!

mermaid fenicia said...

Lovely cards made with lovely stamp-sets ^-^

Tina said...

FABULOUS birthday card and I ADORE the mitten card!!!

Carolyn King said...

Theresa--these are wonderful. LOVE sparkly, shaded cuffs on the mittens (wish i would have thought of that!) And your first card is so fun--love the pop of color on the birthday letters. The embossing looks great with this cas card!

Emily said...

so pretty! great job Theresa!

Joyce T. said...

love your cards. copying the birthday one right away!

Lori said...

I need some of those dies, they showcase the stamps so well! Love both of your cards!!

Judy Inukai said...

Super cards as always.

Susan said...

Both great. Never thought to do my shading before cutting. Sure would make little parts easier to work with!

Sue D said...

Fun birthday card--I like the colors and scoring.
Pretty mitten card!

Barb said...

love these cards. great job.

Unknown said...

Always look for your cards......same tast and style as myself. Thanks for the inspiration

Doris W. said...

Beautiful mitten card and I love the scoring on the birthday card!

Joyce Erb said...

Always an inspiration! Love the die cut too, the mittens are great but love the shading on the letters too

Gayle said...

Fabulous dies and instruction on the mitten card and am CASE-ing the birthday card.

Rosy Newlun said...

Oh, Theresa, I am always impressed when I check in to see what you've made!!! The letters are so versatile and your lavender card is (kiss fingers like Italiano <3 ) many hugs - hope the rain eases up your way!! aloha, rosy

DPF said...

The Warm Woolen Mittens card is so delicate looking and just a touch of sparkle! Gorgeous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous framework around those fun mittens!

Unknown said...

Awesome cards Theresa. Thanks so much for the tutorial, and thanks also for the inspiration!

cjgusloff57 said...

Great cards! The mitten one is my favorite.

Marsha said...

I am in love with both of these sets and going crazy with all this wonderful talent. Great ideas.

Carol said...

Gorgeous new stamp sets and wonderful projects. Thanks for the inspiration!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Lagene said...

Love your CAS & thanks so much for the tutorial on the beautiful mittens card!

Unknown said...

As usual your cards are gorgeous. . I love the colors you used on your mittens. Both of these stamp sets are awesome.

Golda said...

I love your use of color on the first and the shading on the second.

Unknown said...

Wonderfully gorgeous cards!

Sharon said...

These are beautiful, I love how versatile both of these sets are

Kathryn A said...

As expected, your cards are gorgeous ;)

Lee said...

Oh I've got to get those fancy dies! I love that!! Stunning...and I have to say that alphabet card is so cool with the scoring!

jean w. said...

Great cards Theresa...love the sparkling cuffs on the mittens!

freetimegone said...

OMG! That mitten card is awesome and I really appreciate your instructions. Great job and thanks for sharing. This hop is sooooo fun.

meemee48 said...

Love both your cards. So cheery!

Mida Williams said...

Lovely clean and simple birthday card and the mittens card is just beautiful.

Sherry Butcher said...

TFS the mittens are esp. great love how you gave step by step instruction.

Kitty said...

Your cards are beautiful

Blessings,
Kat

Cheryl Wright said...

Theresa, these are gorgeous! I'm particularly taken with the first card. (I think it's all those beautiful colors that coordinate so wonderfully.)

Thanks for sharing your technique for creating the mittens. The shading is a great idea, and one I wouldn't have thought to do!

Tkat said...

GREAT card! love the mittens!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful card design. Love it.

Beastybunny said...

Great work! Always love a bit of bling!

Parker said...

The golden tree card is so shimmery and whimsical. Love that you share your talent.

Ravengirl said...

These are both really fun! I love how you dolled up those mittens!

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

Beautiful! I always learn so much from you. Thanks!

mtscrapgal said...

Love the pp mittens.Other card is lovely too. Thanks

Linda Stone said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! I always love looking at your cards! Thank you.

ajax said...

These cards are fabulous. Good to see the Birthday card. We are so busy with Christmas right now, it is good to see other designs. I have my mittens all ready to go.

Unknown said...

Whew... So pretty.

Elizabeth said...

Those mittens are so cute. I like how you used the copics on the pattern paper.

Jo4Him said...

Fabulous cards, especially the 2nd one-very creative. Thanks for sharing

Pat Jandacek said...

Love the birthday card! Also the framing on the second card makes an elegant card even if it is just two mittens. TFS your many, many talents.

Unknown said...

Terrific cards. i love them. Thanks for sharing!

marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

Kris in Alaska said...

That birthday card is just plain fun!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com