Tuesday, November 27, 2012

tWinter Gift Card Holder Tutorial


 Hello! I hope everyone had a good holiday last week. My family went on a Thanksgiving cruise with a bunch of my husbands relatives, so I am just getting back into the swing of things here, trying to catch up on emails and do some DT projects. This is an old card I hadn't gotten around to sharing before now. The card base folds up on the inside so it can hold a gift card.

Before I get to my project, I wanted to let you know I'm turning on Word Verification for comments again for a week. I'm getting overwhelmed with spammers again lately. I know those verification things are a pain when you want to leave a comment. Sorry! Hopefully, this will break the cycle for a while. I'll turn it off again in time for the GKD inspiration hops next week!

Also, I probably won't have time to post any more tutorials this week (but there will be some next week!), so don't worry if you don't hear from me. I do have a few other projects I hope to share, just not tutorials. Thanks for understanding!!!

To start, I sponged Memento Desert Sand ink on white card stock, using torn sticky notes to mask the bottom.

Then I sponged Memento Rich Cocoa.

I stamped the trees, from Life is Good. I cut the tree stamp into two pieces so I could stamp the trees separately. I used Rich Cocoa ink to stamp the images.

I lowered the sticky note mask and sponged with Memento Desert Sand to create snow banks.

Then I removed the mask and sponged around the edges with Memento Rich Cocoa.

Using the mask again, I stamp a third tree on the right side.

Then I stamped the deer.

I used my W1 Copic marker to add some shadows.

For the card base, I cut a piece of Pure Luxury Kraft card stock to ½ by 11 inches then scored at ½ and 9 inches. 

I used score tape on the sides of the small section at the bottom of the card base, then folded it back and adhered to the inside of the card base to make a little pocket for a gift card or money.

I layered with Pure Luxury Dark Chocolate and added a sentiment, cut out with Spellbinders™ Oval Nestabilities®. Sorry, I can't remember which stamp set I grabbed that sentiment from, but I'm sure it was a GKD set.



9 comments:

Mieke said...

This one is gorgeous!

Ravengirl said...

Bummer about your spammers! I think this card is marvelous and I look forward to some more tutorials in the near future!

Uschi said...

Traumhaft schöne Winterkarte!

Liebe Grüße
Uschi

Micha said...

Une superbe carte pour les fêtes de fin d'année ! Le paysage est bien colorié et rappelle la saison hivernale. Beau travail ! Amicalement.

Nana Griffin said...

Love seeing whatever you post and so whatever you have to do to get rid of those spammers! This is a lovely gift card you made and I like the quickness of making the pocket.

Rosy Newlun said...

Another serenely sponged and stamped card, Theresa! (Those pesky spammers - I understand). Best wishes <3

Ian Ace said...

So cool and helpful tutorial in making card holder. I will try to make some for my family and friends this coming Christmas.

Thanks

Gift Card envelopes said...

I think this card is marvelous and I look forward to some more tutorials in the near future!

Stapelstuhl said...

What a wonderful posting! Definitely i will share this post with my social net friends. Thanks for the information...keep blogging!