Friday, November 16, 2012

A2 Pizza Box Tutorial

Click here to see the winners from the Show Me The Stamps Blog Hop. 

Hello! Last night was the Gina K Designs November Release and now all the new stamps and products are available in the online store. Here is a look at my new stamp set, Elegant Florals.


Today I have a set of cards with a gift box, featuring images from Elegant Florals, along with a few sentiments from last month's set, Vogue Vases 2. I have instructions below on how to make this A2 sized pizza box.

When you lift the top of the pizza box, you find a set of four coordinating handmade greeting cards.

Here is a look at all four cards together.

Ane here is the first card I made. I used the floral image, from Elegant Florals and sentiment from Vogue Vases 2.

Here is the second card. I used my Scor-Buddy to add some decorative score lines to each of the card bases.

All of the pattern papers I used came from GKD's Wisteria Lane.

For the final card I used all three of the solid florals in the set, and once again a sentiment from Vogue Vases 2.

To make the pizza box, start by cutting a 12 by 12 inches sheet of card stock to 8 by 12. Then place in your Scor-Pal and score at 1 and 7 inches.

Rotate the card stock and score in the opposite direction at 1, 5½, 6½ and 11 inches. 

Use paper scissors to trim as shown in the photo.

Fold and crease on the score lines, then adhere the tabs with Score-tape. The finished size is 6 by 4½ by 1 inch. All four cards, along with four envelopes, fit nicely inside, secured with a ribbon. I used a ton of Pop Dots when assembling my cards and I could have fit one or two more. If making less dimensional cards, I think you could fit up to 8 cards with envelopes.

For the outside of the box, I used Spellbinders™Labels Eighteen Nestabilities®, sponged with Memento Bamboos Leaves. Then I stamped using one of the floral images from Elegant Florals. Another Labels Eighteen layer and then I added some flowers created using Spellbdiners Bitty Blossoms die templates.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. Your cards are gorgeous, and thanks for showing an A2 size box! :)

jean w. said...

Theresa, thanks for this tutorial! It just might come in handy for gifts for Christmas! Cards are wonderful too!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards. I will definitely have to case these. Love the pizza box as well.

Dawn R. Carlyle said...

Beautiful - I love the set! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy Jensen said...

LOVE this project! Thank you for the tutorial - I love them ALL!

Kitty said...

Your cards and box are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing them with all of us

Blessings,
Kat

Queen Mary said...

Perfect timing on sharing this project! (1) I love this stamp set; (2) I am making something for everyone in my family for Christmas this year (well everyone who might appreciate something homemade); (3) my MIL will be with us (she only comes every 5 years) and I needed something for her; (4) this is a perfect gift set for her!

Anonymous said...

Nice... good post, thanks. Subscribed to your blog now.
[url=http://chikara-pheromone.weebly.com ] Chikara Pheromone[/url] and Chikara Pheromone

Patricia St Martin said...

Theresa, Always love your cards. Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Patricia

meemee48 said...

Thanks so much for this tutorial. Love it.