Friday, May 4, 2012

A Hop For Karen



Hello! Today members of the Gina K Design Team and Gina K CSS Design Team are blog hopping to support our dear friend Karen Knegten. I've posted about Karen a few times in the past weeks, but for those of you that didn't see, Karen is recovering from two brain aneurysms and she still in the hospital with a long recovery ahead of her. The Design Team and CSS Team are hoping to inspire more of you out there to send in some cards to Karen AND to her family that are caring for her! 

Here is the address if you'd like to send a card to Karen:

Karen Knegten
c/o R.S.V.P. Rental Services
350 W. Northwest Highway
Barrington IL 60010

And here are the designers participating in today's hop…

To begin, I stamped the large dogwood image, from Dogwood and Butterfly (Gina K Designs) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Pure Luxury White card stock.

I used Copic markers to color the image, starting with R08.

Added R05.

Added R02.

Then filled in with R00. 

The shading didn't seem deep enough, so I added some R89 and R27.

In the flower centers, I doted Y21, YG95 and YG93.

Filled in the leaves with G03.


Added YG97, then blended it in with YG95. After coloring, I cut out the flower, then colored and cut out the smaller dogwood image.

Next, I cut an over using Spellbinders™Classic Ovals Nestabilities®, then sponged with Memento Cantaloupe ink while still in the die template.

I stamped the silhouette dogwood branch on the oval, inking up with Memento Bamboo Leave, then stamping off on scratch paper first, to make the image lighter. Then repeated a second time.

I cut another piece of white card stock, using Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and sponged with Cantaloupe ink, just like the oval. The card base is Pure Luxury Sweet Corn. I added decorative scoring with my Scor-Buddy. That awesome Web Ribbon is from Creative Impressions. Oh my word I am in love with this ribbon! I just placed an order with Creative Impressions and guess what I forgot to order? Smacking head!  I adhered my layers with Pop Dots, then added the flowers, also with Pop Dots.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day! And if you could say a prayer or send some healing thoughts to Karen, I would be so grateful.



26 comments:

alex said...

Theresa yet another work of art, I am sure Karen will love it, I sure miss her and am praying hard

Tkat said...

WOW! beautiful details :)

Deb said...

So very elegant and absolutely beautiful, Theresa! I always love your work and enjoy your tutorials! I know Karen will LOVE this card!

Melanie said...

gorgeous, that webbing is so cool!

Unknown said...

Karen surely will feel the love come through on this card!

Darlene said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This looks like you put a lot of love into it! Karen will love it.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful coloring of your flowers! She is going to LOVE this card~

joy said...

Gorgeous coloring and love how you have framed it.

heidi @ ggip said...

Gorgeous card. Wishing the best for Karen.

Miesje said...

This is beautiful Theresa! Karen will love it and so do I. I love watching how you color...you are amazing and I so appreciate you tutorials.

Cheri said...

Gorgeous, Theresa! I love that web ribbon too.
Oh, my link is up if you'd like to add it to your list.

Jan Castle said...

Simply beautiful....thanks for showing us how you do it with such ease!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

redwasher1 said...

Theresa you know I love it!!!!! Love the vibrant colors of the flowers and the lace.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Wow, love it! Gotta get that web ribbon!

Lagene said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial!

Rosy Newlun said...

Wow, I adore that faded stamping in the background of the image, and yes, the lacy ribbon w/foil from SBs is high on my 'get' list now. Thanks for that LOL. Take good care!

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Theresa! Love the die layers.

seamom said...

Another great card! I like the two nesties together, and thanks for the tutorial. The result is amazing. I must try...

Scrapacat said...

Just beautiful! I have trouble coloring things differently than they are in real life. I need to do more of that, because it is so stunning and effective! Thanks for doing this for Karen.
~ky

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Theresa.. Karen will love this one :).

Gayle said...

Beautiful card, Theresa. Love that lace.

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh love that cheese cloth stuff behind it like that, looks awesome mf!

Betty Neville said...

Beautiful card Theresa! Lovely design, and super coloring!

Betty Neville said...

Forgot to tell you - I followed one of your tutorials when coloring my raccoon image. Thank you for always including them! :)

Encouraging Words said...

I am definitely praying for Karen and her family. I love this card. It is so very beautiful. I sure need to get copic markers. I am so glad you use your talents. It is an inspiration to all of us. Laura