Monday, January 23, 2012

Serene Swans

Hello! I haven't used my mirror image stamp in ages, so I pulled it out this weekend to make this swan card, using images from Warm With Love.

I stamped the swan once and colored with Copic markers, beginning with C5.

Added C3.

Added C1.

For the beak, I used E53.

To make the second swan, I stamped the image on my mirror image stamp, then stamped that onto my white card stock.

Tip: Because the mirror image stamp is a solid flat surface, you may have difficulty getting a complete image. I've found that leaving the stamp upside down on my table, placing the card stock on top and gently rubbing the surface, provides a better impression. Just be careful not to shift the paper as you rub. 

Then I colored the reversed image the same way as the first, staring with C5.

Then added C3. (sorry I missed the C1 photo). After coloring, I cut out both swan images.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White card stock to 5 by 3 1/2 inches and sponged Memento Summer Sky ink.

I sponged Memento Lulu Lavender along the top.

Sponged Paris Dusk.

Then sponged Memento London Fog.

I stamped the grass and lacy branch with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. For the lacy branch, I stamped off on scratch paper first to make a lighter impression.

I adhered the swans to the background. I hadn't left enough space for the swans between the grass so they wound up on top of the grass. To make the grass look closer, I used a marker to color in where the grass should have overlapped the swans.

I used my BV13 marker to make shadows in front of the swans.

I layered with Pure Luxury Baby Boy Blue and Black Onyx. The card base is Pure Luxury In The Navy.  I used Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities on the Summer Sky layer. Finished card size: 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inches.

Thanks for stopping by. Have yourself a wonderful day!


10 comments:

CraftyJo said...

What a beautiful card, very serene.

Tanya said...

this is beautiful! I have never seen a mirror stamp before, how cool!

Tami B. said...

SOOO pretty! Just to show you how much I love your work, I made my husband sit down and look at a bunch of your old posts this weekend. He agreed that you do amazing & beautiful things.

froebelsternchen said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Sue said...

Hi Theresa
as ever a totally beautiful card, awesome colour work, sue,x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous as always! I am confuse how to do the mirror stamping:( Do you mean to stamp on a mirror and then transpose that ink to your card stock? Hugz!

Denise Jo said...

Beautiful Card.

Cheri said...

Stunning, Theresa!

Becky said...

This is beautiful Teresa!

Lynn M said...

Its beautiful! I love it!