Friday, January 27, 2012

Pop of Pink

Hello!I found this photo that I loved and decided to use it as inspiration for my card.

To start, I masked a circle, cut from sticky notes, using Nestabilities. Then I sponged Memento London Grey.

I removed the circle, then used the sticky note the circle had been cut from to mask the area around the circle. I sponged the center with Memento Rose Bud.

Then I sponged a little Memento Lilac Posies.

I removed the previous mask and created a new one by tearing sticky notes. I used that to mask the sky and then sponged more Memento London Fog.

Removed that mask and stamped the mountain, from Mountain Wilderness, using Memento Tuxedo Black.

I used Copic markers to color in the mountain, starting with N5.

Added N3.

I added some shading with N7 and used N1 to blend.

I stamped the row of trees using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, but stamped off on scratch paper first to lighten the image.

Used torn sticky notes to mask again and sponged Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Then stamped the large silhouette trees using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.


I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Moonlit Fog. The card base is Pure Luxury Smokey Slate and 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inches.




13 comments:

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Theresa!

Unknown said...

wow this is beautiful
like how you did this
thank for showing

Anonymous said...

I love these kinds of cards, were you can make the sky how you want to. LOVE IT.

Sheree said...

Beautiful! Love the spash of pink!
Sheree

Rosy Newlun said...

I would love just a few molecules of your talent...so inspiring!

Cheri said...

A total WOW, Theresa. I often come here and see your creations, you leave me speechless....your sponging is amazing! Hugs, MF.

Micha said...

Quel talent ! J'admire vos colorisations et vos estampes, une vraie peinture sur carte ! Amicalement.

Ravengirl said...

Amazing! I am always so blown away to see how you break down the scene!

Sue said...

Hi hun

wow this is totally stunning, words fail me, sue,x

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I have a question, If you could only buy ONE of the Gina K stamp sets with the trees which would you start with? There is also a Stampin Up set with the trees, and I don't know which set to get or which is the most versitile? Thank you! Christy

Theresa Momber said...

@ Christy -

That is a tough question. I think I would say Tree Silhouettes (a Gina set). Among mine, I think my faves with trees for scene building are Life is Good and this new set Mountain Wilderness. Sounds like I might need to make a set featuring all my favorite tree images. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reply! Yes! Please make a "Tree Set" with all of your favorite images in one set! I think it would be so popular! I love the concept of the Stampin Up Lovely as a tree set, but your trees look so much more realistic and fun to use! Just curious, if you did make a set when would we be able to purchase it? Maybe include tall grass too? You are the greatest! CHRISTY

Martina said...

Your card ist so beautiful :-)
I like it!
Greetings from Germany
Martina