Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lone Wolf

Hello! Here is that card I promised. Better late than never. I'm still getting used to this new computer. Yesterday I spent the whole day, first installing Photoshop, then getting used to the new version, which has changed significantly from the older version I was using.

I used the wolf from my new stamp set, Mountain Wilderness, along with the grass from Hang In There. First I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White card stock to 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches. Then I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink lightly over the top half of the card stock.

I created a mask using the 2nd smallest circle from the large Classic Circles Nestabilities set. I placed it on my background and then sponged more Memento Cantaloupe ink.

 Next I sponged Memento Tangelo ink. I was using my small daubers to get a more splotchy look.

 Sponged Memento Rose Bud ink. I accidentally made a crease at the bottom of the paper, but I didn't start over since I planned to do some stamping over that spot.

 Sponged Memento Lady Bug ink. I switched to the Jumbo Sponge Daubers at this point to make the bottom more uniform looking.

 Then I sponged Memento Rhubarb Stalk.

 I stamped the silhouette wolf image using Stazon Jet Black ink.

 I used torn sticky notes to mask the wolf and then sponged Memento Rich Cocoa.

I removed the mask and then stamped the grass several times using Stazon Jet Black ink.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx. The sentiment was stamped on vellum and then torn. The card base is 5 by 4 1/4 inches. I used my Scor-Pal to score decorative lines.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is wonderful!





10 comments:

Patti J said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I can almost hear that wolf howling at the moon. Thanks for sharing another masterpiece, Therese! Hugs...

Edith said...

Wow, this looks great! Love to look at the lot of detail pictures. Thanks for all the work you do for us!
Edith

Tami B. said...

You've really got me hooked on this look. I literally just left an online site where I was trying to decide on what Memento colors to order & trying to remember which 10 you said were your go-to's. Beautiful work. Please keep them coming!

Betty Benton said...

Fabulous card, Theresa! Love that wolf and grass stamp!

papertrails leaver said...

what a beautiful background! You truly made this is unbelievable! would love to see a sunset like this IRL!

Sheree said...

I love the colours you used and the rest is fabulous!!
Hugs,
Sheree

Denise Jo said...

I love your blog and your cards inspire me.

Melanie said...

love these colors and the grass!

Selma said...

Theresa you are always so good at creating fabulous scenes. They always look so realistic. Do you like the new version of Photoshop better?

Cathy said...

Wow GF, I haven't been by for a while, sorry, but you always blow me away with your creations and this wolf is gorgeous hon. Love it!!! Miss ya, hope everything is good with you!!!