Thursday, January 5, 2012

Blue Dogwood

Hello! I can't seem to get enough of coloring these dogwood flowers. This time I did them in blue.

I colored in the flower center with yellow, but decided I didn't like it and would add pearls to it later. For the petals, I started with B66.

Added B24.

Then added B21, leaving some highlighted areas with no color at all.

For the leaves, I started with G07.

Added G03.

Then filled in with YG21. After coloring I cut out the flower. I also colored several of the smaller flowers and cut those out, too.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury Cardstock with the largest Spellbinders Labels 23 die. Then I sponged Memento Summer Sky ink while it was still in the die.

Then sponged with Memento Danube Blue.

I cut another piece of Pure Luxury White, using Spellbinders Lacey Circles Die and sponged lightly with Danube Blue. I stamped the sentiment, from Heartfelt, and adhered it to the background with Pop Dots. The flowers were all adhered with Pop Dots and I added self adhesive pearls to cover up the yellow centers. I layered with Pure Luxury In The Navy and used a Baby Boy Blue card base (4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches). I used Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities to cut the bottoms of the In the Navy and Baby Boy Blue. Then I lined the inside of the card base with Pure Luxury White.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful, really like the blue for the dogwood!!

Melissa said...

Breathtaking! Thanks for inspiring me!

Donna Hanley said...

Out of this world beautiful. I admire your work so much, Teresa. I purchased this set and have been stamping something from it every day since I received it. These flowers are just so delicate looking, I just love them. Thank you for always sharing with all of us. Happy New Year

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful card.

Unknown said...

It's such a lovely card.

XxJULESxX said...

oh wow Teresa this is stunning as always!!!1

Carla S. said...

Absolutely stunning, Theresa!

Patti J said...

Those shades of blue are just gorgeous! Beautiful card, Theresa, thanks for sharing!

Rosy Newlun said...

Well, I know I won't ever achieve your talents, but I sure admire looking at what you are able to do!! and thank you for the step by steps! I appreciate it :)

Becky said...

wow, this is another stunning card Theresa.

Micha said...

C'est superbe ! Bravo pour cette carte qui fait rêver... Bonne année 2012 ! Amicalement.

Colorado Crafter said...

I can never bring myself to color a flower in a color that it doesn't naturally appear so I'd never think of blue dogwoods! LOL! As always, your card is beautiful. I love your cardmaking style.

jean w. said...

Theresa this is such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing and showing us how to do it!Happy Healthy New Year!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Theresa--- these are gorgeous flowers!

Nicole Gamble said...

So simple and so perfect! Love your card!

Payne Holler Cards said...

gorgeous in blue!!!
and SUPER Congrats on round 3 at Spellbinders!!! I'm rooting for ya (-: