Monday, January 16, 2012

Bear

Hello! Sorry for the lack of posting last week. We just got back from vacation and I only had one card pre made that I could schedule while I was away. I'm getting back in the groove of things and catching up on emails. I took a little time this morning to make a card for the Try a New Technique Challenge at SCS. The challenge was to use twine. I used images from my new set, Mountain Wilderness.

To start, I stamped the big bear with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics, filling in with E53.

I added E35.

Added E37.

Added E59.

Added E49.  After coloring, I cut out the bear.

I cut an oval using my Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities, then sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves.

Sponged Memento Rich Cocoa.

Sponged Memento Cantaloupe.

I stamped the trees, using Ranger Distress Forest Moss, but stamped off once on scratch paper first to make a lighter page.

Colored in the rocks with N3.

Added shading with N5.

Then deeper shading with N7.

Used W3 to add a shadow below the rocks.

I applied Scor-tape to a piece of Pure Luxury Fresh Asparagus card stock, so my twine would have something to stick to. Then I wrapped the twine around it several times.

I added the vertical sentiment, stamped with Stazon Jet Black ink and adhered the bear with Pop dots.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!


8 comments:

Sheree said...

Love it! You've done a fantastic job colouring the bear and I love the background stamp you used!
Hugs,
Sheree

Betty Benton said...

GASP! This is excellent, Theresa! That bear doesn't know whether he wants to go fishing or walk right into my living room!!

Jan Castle said...

What fabu coloring!!!! TFS
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Snoopy said...

Fantastic card!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Evette K. said...

STUNNING CARD!!!!Just love how u did this one. ekciampo

Darlene said...

LOVE what you've done here! Mind if I 'case' it?? Thanks for inspiration!

Darlene (SCS: akronstamperdpk)
MY BLOG

Payne Holler Cards said...

loving the bear!!! (-:

moosje said...

Great card, love the bear !
Mayby you could show use how you make a card on a video for the visual learner ??

Thanks !!
miriam