Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunflowers and Leaves

Happy Monday! Today's card was inspired by the brand new Video Sketch Challenge at StampTV. Gina will be airing two additional StampTV videos each week to coordinate with the sketch and color challenges for that week. Sketch videos and challenges will be each Monday and color on Fridays.

In case you missed my announcement yesterday, be sure to check out the new Tutorials tab at the top of my blog, for an easy to find listing of all my tutorials for the past year.

I used images from Autumn Beauty to make my card. The sunflower was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics, starting with Y15.

I added Y17 at the base of the petals and extended it out along the petals. Then I blended with Y15.

I deepened the shading at the base of the petals with YR07 and YR14.

In the center of the sunflower I started with E59.

Then filled in with E57.

I held the tip of my blender pen in various places in the center, to get highlighted spots for added dimension.

Colored in the stem and leaves completely with YG93.

Then filled in with YG23.

Used my blender pen to push in some highlights on the leaves. After coloring, I cut out the image.

For the autumn leaves, I started with Y21.

Added E35.

Added Y17.

Blended with E51.

Then I went back and deepened the shading a bit with E39. I stamped and colored a few more of each size leaf and cut them out.

For the background I cut an oval using Nestabilities, then sponged Memento Cantaloupe.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves from the opposite direction..

Sponged Memento Tangelo at the top..

The sponged just a bit of Memento Potter's Clay at the very top.


The oval was layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and the card base is Pumpkin Spice. I adhered the sunflower with Pop Dots.

Thanks so much for visiting. Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Barb said...

*sighs* This is so very beautiful. And I just love your tutorials. TFS

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful sample for the sketch!!

Melanie said...

lovely!!

Selma said...

Wow Theresa. I really love this. It is gorgeous.

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Gorgeous!

LindaS said...

Amazing coloring/wonderful card - TFS your work and tutorials.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love your card and how you have the patience to cut out the leaves, which add to it's beauty.

Auntie Em said...

Beautiful and I love the 3D effect of the leaves!
Thanks for sharing! :o)