Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lavender Butterfly

 Did you see Gina's big announcement here? I'm so excited to have so many fabulously talented designers joining the GKD team! Welcome aboard,  AJ Otto, Carolina Buchting,   Carolyn King (Yes! She's back as a DT member!), Colleen Schaan,  Deb Felts,  Giovana Smith,  Janice Whiting,  Jennie Harper.  Michelle Woerner,  Suzanne Dean,  Tina GillilandValerie Stangle,  Vicki Dutcher

For my card today, I used the butterfly border from Melanie's A Year of Borders. I love this image! I also used the individual butterfly from A Beautiful Life.

To start, I stamped the border on a strip of card stock and colored with Copics, starting with V09 at the base of the wings. 

Then I added V06. 

Filled in with V01. 

Used the same three markers to color the remaining butterflies. I also stamped the individual butterfly, from A Beautiful Life, and colored it the same way. Then I cut out the single butterfly. 

For the background, I cut a piece of white, using my Labels 4 Nestabilities and sponged with Memento Lulu Lavender ink, while still in the die. 

I stamped the individual butterfly, scattered on the background. I used Memento Grape Jelly ink, but stamped off once on scratch paper, then stamped on the background, to make it lighter. 

I cut a larger background piece and sponged with Memento Lulu Lavender. 

Then sponged lightly with Memento Grape Jelly, just around the edges. After sponging, I embossed using my Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls embossing folder. 


I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a Lovely Lavender card base.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is sooooo beautiful! As a matter of fact, I haven't run across a card you've made that I didn't like. How gifted you are!

Mary Ann Juarez

Angela B. said...

Gorgeous card!

Debra said...

Beautiful card! I am still a bit of a novice card maker and I love your step by step instructions! TFS

XxJULESxX said...

this is stunning!!!!love the colour! and TFS!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

always eye candy! love it (-:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Theresa- another gorgeous creation and the moment I saw it I said ah, a perfect Tina card-LOL.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Gorgeous color... works perfectly with the butterfly design.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is just so beautiful, Theresa!

Cathy said...

This is gorgeous T, Love the layout and design, Truly inspirational!!! Miss ya GF!