Friday, November 26, 2010

Jingle Blue

Hello! Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I'm not a big fan of crowds, so I'll be avoiding the crowds today. For all you brave souls who go out, happy shopping!

My card is for today's color challenge at StampTV. I used the jingle bells from A Very Merry Christmas for my focal image.

This week's colors are Green Apple, Ocean Mist and White. If you play along you could win a stamp set from Gina K!

 Before I show you how I made my card, I want to let you know about a great sale at Gina K Designs. You can click on the graphic to see a bigger version and get all the details. I just love the sets you can choose from. Three of those, Many Wishes, Take Flight and Tropical Flowers are among my all time favorite sets and are some of my "go to" images for when I get in a stamping slump.

I colored the bells with Copics, starting with C5. 

Added C3 and then apparently I forgot to snap the next photo. After adding C3, I added C1 filling in most of the image, and then using my blender pen to soften the highlights. 

For the ribbon, I started with B04. 

Added B02. 

Then filled in with B00. And then I forgot to snap another photo. Sheesh! For the next part, I cut an oval using Nestabilities, then sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves while it was still in the die. 

I cut out the bells and attached them to the oval background, using Pop Dots. I layered the oval with a piece of Pure Luxury Ocean Mist, cut using scallop oval Nestabilities. The Apple Green layer was cut using the Fluer De Lis Spellbinders Pendant Die. Another Ocean Mist layer was embossed with the Snowflake Cuttlebug folder. Then I added another Green Apple layer and placed the whole lot of it on a white cardbase.


Thanks for stopping in. See you Monday with a new Sketch Challenge card. Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Love your card. You did a great job colouring and cutting out the bells and ribbons. All the layers look so nice together.
Thank you for sharing! :o)

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card and I really enjoy the color combo you used with the bells

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Fabulous, Theresa! I laughed when reading your post. Loved the sheesh-LOL.

Janeen said...

BEAUTIFUL. Thanks for sharing. I love the whole look of this card. I "yearn" to do something so beautiful.