Monday, November 15, 2010

Birthday Train

Hiya, Stampers! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. :) I have a card for Gina's latest Video Sketch Challenge at StampTV. I used images from Happy Camper and Life is Good.

Also, be sure to check out Gina's blog today for exciting design team news!

 To make my card, I stamped the train, from Life is Good, and colored with Copics, starting with N5.

 Then I added N3.

 Next, I added N1 leaving just a few areas un-colored for highlights.

 Added N7 to deepen the shading in a few places.

 For the tracks, I used E57 on the posts, C5 on the rails and W1 on the ground.

 Used C1 and C3 on the smoke and Y21 on the light. Then I cut out the image.

 I stamped the mountain scene, from Happy Camper, and started with W3 in the shadows.

Added W1. 

 Then I added BV11 to give them a bit of a purple haze.

 For the trees, I started with G28.

 Then used YG95 and YG97 to fill them in.

 Used W3 and W1 on the rocks, then used YG91 on to add color to the foreground.

 I sponged around the edges with Weathered Wood Distress Ink.


I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Soft Sand. I added texture to the Soft Sand layer using my Forest Branches Cuttlebug embossing folder. The card base is Pure Luxury Moonlit Fog.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

14 comments:

Nana Griffin said...

This is very pretty. I have yet to use the train in this set but I think I will try it after seeing your card today.

Patti P. said...

Your train is one of my favorite stamps and I love the way you've used it in this card. Beautiful job, Theresa.

Banu said...

This is one of my fav stamp set as well. Loved the scene. I need to CASE this card. Really beautiful.

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is a fantastic card, love how the train looks like it is heading right of the card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

EXCELLENT card - love the snowy scene with the train!!

My friend I can not tell you how excited I am to be on the same team as YOU! I have learned so much from your tutorials and you know I ADORE your images you create! I am looking so forward to playing with your stamps in the future!! Serious happy dance going on here in AZ!!

Laura said...

WOW! You have some breath taking Cards!I'm so happy to find you,It was just by jumping from one blog to another.And thanks for your tutorials.

peggy wainman said...

Beautiful as usual! I love the Life is Good set-- it's the one I got to design for last year at my time as CSS for GKD! I think I need to go stamp with it now too, lol!

jlt03@comcast.net (Jean Wilson) said...

Theresa I love this card! I'm always trying to get ideas for a masculine card and this is great! Thanks for all the pictures you've posted on your blog from your hiking...you go girl!

Kary said...

Lovely card, Theresa. I always enjoy your copics tutorials. Thanks;)

Anonymous said...

This card is awesome. Love the images and your colouring is fabulous as ever. I save all your email updates in my emails for reference when colouring. Thanks for sharing your talents with us
Gardenia

Karen W said...

Wow this is gorgeous, I love that train, may have to have that for my scenic stamping. Thanks!!

KathyM said...

I love your style. I keep reading the tutorials on each card so I have a good base of knowlege when I get into the "Copic" scene (maybe for Christmas).

Cynthia said...

Great scene for this week's sketch! Love how the train is coming off the panel.

churchill car insurance said...

It is a nice post. I really like your birthday card. It is a great Christmas train. Christmas is my favorite festival.