Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Autumn Border

Hello! Today I have a card made with Melanie Muenchinger's new set, A Year of Borders.

I used Copics to color, starting with on the oak leaves and acorns.

Added E35 to the oak leaves. I added it to the veins, then used E53 to blend, then came back with E35 on the veins again.

I used E57 on the acorn caps and E55 to add some shading to the lower part.

For the other leaves, I filled in with Y21, then used YR14 on the veins. I used Y21 to blend the colors, then went back again with YR14 on the veins. After coloring, I cut out the image.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock using my Labels 14 Nestabilities, then sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink while still in the die.

Sponged just a little Memento Potter's Clay.

For the larger background, I again sponged Memento Cantaloupe.

Then sponged Memento Potter's Clay. After sponging, I embossed using my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.

I stamped the sentiment, from A Year of Leaves, and added the border image with Pop Dots. I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and used a Pumpkin Spice card base.

Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Patti P. said...

Theresa, this is gorgeous as always...but love the layers and the embossing adds a wonderful touch. This is going to be a wonderful set all year long.

Auntie Em said...

Beautiful card! You take such great care with the details and the colouring.
Thank you for sharing! :o)

sundownerin said...

i love it!!! like all... one is more beautyfull than the next.... fab!!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful, Theresa!

Maire Gamber said...

Just beautiful! I had to place my order! Thank you!

Banu said...

Stunning. Loved it.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous. Beautifully warm & rich and suitable for so many different occasions. (if only I could master elementary colouring!) *sigh*

Mary Mac

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful!