Friday, October 16, 2009

Spruced Holly

Good morning and happy Friday! What a great blog hop yesterday. I loved hopping around and seeing all the wonderful inspiration. Tonight, we will be having another blog hop, this time featuring Nina's new stamp set, Lord of the Season.

Today I have another A Very Merry Christmas card. I used the tree to create a "wooded" background for the holly focal image.

I started by stamping my image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then used Copics to color the image. I used R29 on the bow and berries, leaving a tiny white spot on each berry for a highlight.

Added R27 to the bow.

Added R24 and R22 to the bow.

Used G07 along the leaf edges and veins.

I used my blender pen to pull the green out into the center of the leaves to give them dimension, then went back over the edges with Go7.

Used E57 on the stem and then cut out the image.

To create the background, I sponged Bashful Blue ink on a piece of Pure Luxury White paper.

I sponged Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Vivid Vintage Green on the lower part (sorry lost some pics) and then sponged Ballet Blue around the top.

Stamped the tree from A Very Merry Christmas using Vivid Olive ink. To get some fainter images in the background, I just stamp a second time without re-inking.

I layered the holly with an over, cut using Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities. I sponged Certainly Celery ink on the oval and then layered with a Scallop Oval, using Pure Luxury All Spruced Up card stock. I layered the back ground with All Spruced Up, Rocket Red and used an All Spruced Up card base. The ribbon is Spruce Pure Luxury Organdy ribbon.

Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Marimer said...

Es una maravilla tan grande, para mi, ver tus trabajos, como los has realizado, como se desarrollan, que no tengo palabras para decirte lo contenta que estoy de haber encontrado tu pagina aqul dia. Gracias. Es un trabajo bellĂ­simo. Bss

Trish said...

This card is gorgeous. I love your new stamp set.
Trish

Elena said...

Amazing card! I really love the trees background and beautiful ribbon treatment!

Glenda Atkins said...

You make the most amazing cards!Wonderful!

Donna Baker said...

this is so pretty! love the trees in the background

Vicki Dutcher said...

I haven't commented lately on your cards...they are are just beautiful Theresa! You do yourself proud!!