Friday, October 23, 2009

Spooky!

Hello and happy Friday! I have a spooky Halloween card to share with you today. I just the pumpkin and broom from Alicia K's latest stamp set, Feel the Magic, combined with the tree and bats from Spooky Silhouettes.

I started by stamping the jack-o-lantern with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, on Pure Luxury White cardstock.

I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the broom just right. I placed the plastic sheet against the corner of the positioner, then stamped the broom on the sheet, using the corner of the positioner to guide my acrylic block.

Then I placed the plastic sheet, with the image stamped on it, over my cardstock, so that the broom was lined up the way I wanted, and moved the positioner against the corner of the sheet.

I removed the sheet and then stamped the image on the cardstock, using the postioner to guide my acrylic block.

Used YR07 Copic marker on the pumpkin.

Added YR04.

Added YR12 and then used my blender pen to soften the highlights.

Used E53 on the carved parts of the pumpkin and on the broom.

Added Y23 and Y17 to the eyes and mouth.

Used E33 and E57 on the broom.

For the stem, I used YG93 and YG95. Then I went over the images with my Versa Mark pen, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Cut a 1 3/8 inch circle out of scrap paper to act as a mask to create the moon, then sponged a little Going Grey ink around the moon.

Sponged Creamy Caramel.

Sponged Pumpkin Pie.

Sponged Chocolate Chip.

Sponged Basic Black.

Removed the mask and stamped the tree and bats.

Used torn Post-it Notes to create a mask at the horizon line and sponged a bit of black and brown.

Stamped the pine branch from Winter Foliage to look like grass in the foreground.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

14 comments:

Robin McK said...

Love this card Theresa! Very spooky, great job!

Robin

Unknown said...

What a spooktacular job you did on this one! I love it.
Hugs,
Ivett

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Terrific Halloween card and thanks for the great tutorial!!!

Tina said...

Simply adorable, Theresa!! Your pumpkin glows so perfectly!!!!Great job on the spongy night sky!

Michelle VP said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for the details. :)

craftieodmae said...

man this is fantastic!!! Spooky looking LOL, love that pumpkin!

Heather "Hev" said...

Hi Theresa :)

Wow each of your cards are truly works of art :)

Fabulous :)

Elena said...

This card is so much fun! Thank you for sharing tutorial, Theresa!

JaniceAileen said...

Wow, you do amazing work creating scenes! Just Beautiful!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love how you create a scene!
Linda

Jessica said...

You are soooo talented! And I can tell your stamp pads and tools are well loved!!! Great Card

Lori said...

Neat card, love the pumpkin, so cute!

Lori said...

Oh WOW Theresa!!!! Excellent Halloween card!!!

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Theresa
I love it!!

Karen x