Hello! Today I have a project using the fireplace from A Very Merry Christmas. I also used the background window stamp from Hip To Be Square.
I made this for a challenge at a brand new challenge blog called Just Us Girls(JUGS). My friend Pam (also a guest designer for me last month) is one of the founders and the whole team is made up of some fabulous (and fun loving) designers. This week the challenge is paper piecing with an option of using pink. I paper pieced the hip square and sponged some flowers pink. To kick start their new challenge blog, the JUGS team are offering up some really great blog candy, so be sure to check it out!
I started with my Y17 Copic marker in the center of the fire.
Added Y21 to the fire.
Outlined the fire with YR04.
For the inside of the fireplace, I used N3, N5 and N7.
Next, I colored over the entire brick area with W3 for the mortar.
Then I added R22 to the bricks in a spotty, careless manner.
Next, I added R24 to the bricks, adding spots to some and outlining others, to create that mottled look that bricks frequently have.
Then I went over each of the bricks with YR02 to blend and warm them a bit.
Used R29 and G05 for the holly, berries and stockings.
For the mantle, door and window frame, I used E57 along all the edges.
Filled in with E31.
Used E33 to blend the two colors.
I decided I wanted the wall to be an off white and reflect the glow of the fire, so I used Y23 in the shadows.
Blended out with Y21 and then used my blender pen to push back some of the color.
For the curtain, I used Y93 and my blender pen.
I wanted some wood planks for the flooring, so I used a straight edge to add some lines using E37.
Then I filled in with E31 and W3 and used my blender pen to add some highlights.
I stamped the window background stamp from Hip To Be Square on a piece of K&Company patterned paper using Versa Mark. I heat embossed with black embossing powder, then trimmed closely along the outside lines.
I used my R29 Copic marker to fill in the narrow band around the outside of the window stamp, then layered with Pure Luxury Ivory, Black Onyx and used Cranberry Tart for the card base. The flowers are Ivory Sateen flowers that I sponged with Ruby Red ink. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the leafy punched pieces.
Thank you for stopping by. I'll be back tonight (Sunday) with a fabulous project from Sharri Seffens (my guest designer). Have a great day!