Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a good week. I used Donna's sketch, from her STV sketch challenge this week, on this card. There is still a little time to play along for a chance to win a free Gina K stamp set and a new sketch challenge will be posted on Thursday. Did you see Gina posted a few new videos on Monday, so be sure to pop on over to view them and tune in tomorrow for another new video and technique challenge.
Here are some of the details from this card...
I stamped the orchid from Botanical Dreams with Memento black ink and colored the flowers with Copic markers, Y21, Y23, R22 and R24.
Colored the stem and leaves with G21, YG93 and YG95.
Colored the pot and dirt with E31, E33, E35 and E37.
I get asked pretty frequently how I do the corner piercing like I did in this card, so I thought I would post of photo of the Mat Pack from Stampin' Up that I use to do it. It comes with the template, a foam sheet and hard plastic sheet to protect your work surface.
Here it is in action. I place the hard plastic layer, then the foam layer. I place the card stock over that and then position the tempate on the card stock and pierce. The lines on the template make it easy to line it up with your card stock and find your place again if you accidentally move it. I also use the template to position my brads evenly. I just pierce where I want the brads and then they go in very easily and don't tweak my card stock. I used to just try to shove the brads in without piercing first. Ok, so I still do that once in a while when I am feeling really lazy, but I always regret it. LOL
Here is one of my secrets. I am CHEAP. I hate to waste anything and I love these Pop Dots that I pick up at Michaels. The only problem is there is a ton of extra material between the dots. I don't through it away though, I just use the dots and then cut the waste up in pieces and use it, too. I also like that I can use it to cut long, narrow pieces for popping up images that have narrow parts to them, like the stems of flowers.
On this card, I popped up the large panel, since I used brads on it. You can see the backside of the panel and all the pop dots and scrap pieces I used on it.
And here is a close up of the finished card. I sponged the two lower pieces and circle with So Saffron, More Mustard, Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip, then stamped some folliage from Botanical Dreams, using Bravo Burgundy ink. The circle pieces were cut with circle Nestabilities.
The top panel is designer paper from Adornit. I added some sponging to it, also, before adhering it to the black panel. Then I did my piercing and added the brads.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your day!