Monday, November 3, 2008

Peaceful Winter

Hello and happy Monday! I finally got around to doing the featured stamper challenge at SCS. Wow, Becca has a gorgeous gallery. This is the card I used for inspiration. The crosses she used reminded me of snowflakes, so I decided to make a wintery card.

The task was to change at least 4 things. I changed the stamps, used an oval in place of the circle, used stamps in place of the cuttlebug background, changed the colors.

All the images for this card are from The Magic of Christmas, from Gina K Designs. The dove is colored with Koh-i-noor pencils. I cut the ovals for the main panel, using my nestabilities. The ovals from the sentiment are punch out using SU punches.

I sponged the background with Bashful Blue and Not Quite Navy and stamped the snowflakes in a random pattern using black ink. Paper colors are Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Basic Black and Baja Breeze for the card base.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

12 comments:

fishlips said...

What a totally neat wintery Card...I just love the back- ground and the dove...Just perfect!!!!

Sharon said...

Once again, a gorgeous card Theresa. It has a very peaceful feel to it.

6 wacky women said...

So beautiful, Theresa. Very elegant.
Take care
Karen

Allison Rankin said...

Another gorgeous creation...great work on the BG!

Jami said...

Gorgeous! So elegant - I love the blue shading under the dove - lovely coloring!
hugs, Jami

Cat Tidwell said...

Beautiful and stunning creation Theresa! Yes it is very peaceful looking to me too!

Elena said...

Absolutely stunning card! So elegant! Love the blue shading! Very beautiful coloring!

Catherine said...

Another gorgeous card, Theresa. Love it!

Jamie Martin said...

This card is beautiful! You did a wonderful job on the shading :)

Shirley said...

Beautiful as always, Theresa~! Love the colors too!

Carolyn King said...

wohohoo....love this Theresa! A total beauty!

Deb Wood said...

So very elegant and beautiful!! Love it!!