Monday, November 24, 2008

Offset Nestie Frame

A CAS card! Not my usual style, but I was in the mood for a crisp, clean look (or pressed for time, lol). In this card, I wanted to mimic the swirl pattern you find in candy canes, to complement this Unity stamp. To do that, I made a frame from an oval nestabilities set..


I started by cutting a scalloped oval using my nestabilities. Then I lined up a larger oval evenly on the remaining piece of card stock and ran it though my Cuttlebug.


I was left with a narrow frame, which I mounted on a card base.

Next I adhered a white smaller, white oval to the original scalloped oval that I cut. Then I adhered it to the opening of my frame, rotating it slightly, to leave negative space showing on each scallop.

I finished it by adding this cute candy cane from Unity. It was colored with Marvy markers and Koh-i-noor pencils.

14 comments:

strawberry fields said...

What a gorgeous card! I like the crisp look. The overlay is so effective. A great result
fiona x

fishlips said...

Love it love it...what a totally neat candycane image!!!!
I Really like the green bow!!!

6 wacky women said...

Absolutley love your idea with the scallops and your card is just beautiful. You are so clever, Theresa!!
Have a great day
Karen

Donna Baker said...

well how fun is that?! love the look to mimic the candycane-you're so clever

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

That is SO clever!

Catherine said...

WOW! Theresa, this is simply beautiful :)

Elena said...

Wow! Theresa! This idea is brilliant! Thank you for sharing this with us!!!

Lee said...

Clean and Simple, yes........but soooo amazing!!!! I love that offset nestie!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

This card instantly got me into the holiday spirit that I needed to start working on a few holiday projects this morning. Did you glaze the candy cane? It's so pretty in its offset nesties frame!

Mrs Mac said...

LOL! I saw just the tip of the curve of this candy cane while I was looking at the card above- and I thought it was the tail of a cat! I scrolled down expecting to see a cute tabby! LOL!!!!

Shirley said...

Love what you did with the candy cane and the roatating scallops too! The card says Christmas so well!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

TOO brilliant. What a great way to get an original look with nesties and that candy cane looks so real that I'd like to lick it. haha ;O)

Melanie said...

GREAT idea!!!

Deb Wood said...

Simply fabulous!!