Thursday, November 20, 2008

Get Well Daisy

Hello and happy Thursday! I played along with the SCS challenge today to use pearls. This is the second of three images I colored using my mom's Copic markers. The image is from A Year of Flowers by Melanie Muenchinger. The sentiment is from Say it With Flowers, also by Melanie.

The oval is sponged with Bravo Burgundy and So Saffron and the square layer below that is sponged with So Saffron, Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip.

The embossed layer is Very Vanilla, sponged with Bravo Burgundy and embossed with the Birds and Swirls CB folder. Each of the layers is backed with Basic Black and the card base is Apricot Appeal.

Here is another way to used the oval punch with the Flourish punch by EK Success.


Start with two flourishes and lay them out with one flipped over and upside-down.


Slide the oval into one of the flourishes.

This is the tricky part. Slide one side of the next flourish over the oval and under the other flourish and let the other side go under the oval.

Then pop the little end over the first flourish. I hope that made sense, but a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

Have a great day!

20 comments:

Tee McNeil Art said...

Ahhhh Theresa, I love your cards! They just glow!

Tee

Cathy said...

I see you have mastered the copic markers already,I thought you had used your Koh-i-Nor and OMS. Great job! Are you addicted yet?

fishlips said...

Ok Oh My I'm loving the colors on this one..(wow) Your pearls looks so perfect too!!!

6 wacky women said...

AWESOME, Theresa. You blow me away with your fab cards. Just love the colors.

Take care
Karen

Cat Tidwell said...

Just stunning Theresa! So rich and warm looking, and your coloring with the copics is just beautiful! You a natural using those! So, when you getting your own set? LOL!

Catherine said...

another GORGEOUS card :)

Elena said...

Beautiful card! Love your nice touch with ribbons and pearls! and of course I adore your swirl punch ideas!

Melanie said...

love your "spooning" flourishes! :)

Allison Rankin said...

So smart...your cards look edible with all that chocolate sponging (can you tell I am craving chocolate?).

Lee said...

Oooooo.........so so so so gorgeous!!! That flower just POPS!!! And of course the pearls in the corner are PEARLfect!!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Theresa!
This card is beautiful!! Love everything about it!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Janine said...

This is just gorgeous... I love what you did with the oval and flourishes. Genius!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning card! I saw it at Splitcoast and had to come see the tutorial... amazing!

I showcased your card as my Friday Featured Card on my blog. Each week I search the galleries and blogs to find a card that "inspires me" and then I make my own... I post them both on my blog on Fridays... with a link to the original card maker's blog and gallery.

Your gallery is SO inspiring... I'm sure I'll be visiting often.

Thanks for sharing your talents and being an inspiration.

Hugs

Elena said...

Hello Theresa! I have a special award for you at my blog http://refinedfocus.com/redhairedgirl/?p=629! Sorry if you already was nominated with this award and I missed it...

Becky G said...

I saw this one on SCS and thought it was gorgeous! I love the sentiment oval. Thanks for sharing how that was done.

strawberry fields said...

Theresa you cards are so stunning I decided to follow your blog
Fiona :)

Jami said...

Wow, such fabulous colors, and another great punch treatment!! love it!
hugs, jami

Deb Wood said...

WOW!! This is stunning awesome colors and coloring! I need that punch! Love the CB'ing and dustressing!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Beautiful card... love that daisy! It certainly brought sunshine to my day!! :) Have been a bit under the weather myself. Good tutorial, Theresa!

Shirley said...

This is just breathtaking. Such warm and vibrant colors. Very rich looking.