Sunday, November 30, 2008

Funky Forest Tutorial



Hi! I'm back!!! I hope everyone had a great week and a happy Thanksgiving for all of you in the US. Thanks to everyone that stopped by and for all the wonderful comments and emails. I am still catching up and will be around to your blogs soon.

I had about 200 emails and over 400 posts in my reader, so you can imagine how behind I am. It was so worth it, though. I had a fabulous time at Disneyland with a bunch of my husband's relatives. Our hotel didn't have complimentary wireless and I wasn't willing to pay $10 a day for it, since I new I wouldn't have much time online anyway. Isn't that archaic? Every hotel should provide wireless in this day and age, don't you think?

This was our first time to DL since California Adventures opened. I loved the big roller coaster there. Wow, intense, but fun! DL was decorated so beautifully for Christmas. Do you have a favorite Disney ride? Some of mine are Big Thunder Railroad, Indiana Jones and Haunted Mansion.

So, wanna know the worst part of my trip? Knowing my latest order from Gina K was sitting in my mailbox. It drove me crazy all week, thinking about all my new stamps sitting there without ink. LOL. I ordered some of the new 80 lb Pure Luxury White Card Stock. After hearing how smooth it is, I wanted to try it out for sponging and it is awesome!

I have been using Stampin' Up Whisper White, which is wonderful because of it's brilliant white color and smooth texture, but this new paper from Gina K is even smoother, which is perfect for sponging.

Sorry for being so chatty. I'll get on with how I made the card now...

Stamped the snowman from Funky Christmas.

Masked the snowman and stamped the trees from Tree Silhouettes, using black Stazon ink. Then embossed with clear while the image was still wet.

I added some blue to the snowman with my Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS. I also colored the hat with Koh-i-noors.

Used Marvy markers for the nose, hat band and buttons. I also used a blue pen to add some deeper shading to the snowman around the edges.

Filled in the snowman with a Versa Mark pen and then embossed with clear.

Masked the bottom with torn post-it's and sponged the sky with Bashful Blue and Ballet Blue.

Used torn post-it's and grey ink to sponge some shadows in the snow.

Sponged Ballet Blue, Not Quite Navy and Black around the edges.

I used my White Sakura Gel Pen to add some snow flakes and snow on the branches.

I finished with a layer of Basic Black, follow by Baja Breeze, another Basic Black and card base of Pacific Point.

Have yourself a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa. Love the blues.
Glad to see you back.
Karen x

Lori Barnett said...

This is awesome...I love all the shading with the blues!

Cathy said...

Hi Theresa:

Glad you are back safe and sound. What a cute little snowman card. Great tutorial as usual. Look forward to your daily posts.

Lee said...

Not only are you UBER talented, you make FABulous tutorials!!! I'm gonna try it as I am soooo in love with the cards you make with the gorgeous sponged bg's!!!

Laura lok said...

awesome job

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Welcome back, Theresa! The shades of blues are gorgeous! I'm going to give this sponging a try... although I get the feeling you make it look WAY too easy! lol!

Melanie said...

who'd a thunk these styles would go together! GREAT WORK!!

D said...

Very nice depth in this scene! Love it! Thanks for sharing your creations with us.

fishlips said...

You Lucky Girl you Disney and micky for ThanksGiving...Sound like you had a great time...

Your card is stunning... and thanks for the info about Gina K's paper sound like some really neat stuff

Hugs
Erin

Glad your back hope you are all rested up...lol

Shirley said...

This is absolutely wonderful. A real lovely Winter Wonderland with a really cute snowman!.....and an wonderful tutorial to boot!

Patti J said...

Theresa, Congratulations on your much deserved spot on the Gina K Senior Designer roster! You are amazing! Beautiful card - I love the colors, the depth, the tutorial, and, of course, the stamps! Thanks for sharing!

Elena said...

Very glad you had a great time! I saw on Gina K. blog that you will be in her DT!!!! I am very very happy for you!!! I think that you are doing amazing job with her stamps!!!
Love your tutorial! Thank you very much for doing it! Your sponging technique is awesome!!!

Catherine said...

That snowman looks like me after the holidays...LOL! great card, Theresa :)

Donna Baker said...

this card is sweeeeet! I love it! glad you had fun at Disneyland - haven't been there since 1994 I think so the rides have changed I'm sure but I do love Space Mountain.

Jami said...

Stunning - this just glows!!
hugs, Jami