Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Owl Pellets for Over-night Guests

owl pellets - Owl Always Love You - Gina K DesignsFor lack of a better name, I have decided to call these little do-dads Owl Pellets. Wouldn't you love to find a funky mint like this on your pillow when visiting?

I started by stamping one of the owls from Owl Always Love You (Gina K Designs). There were actually two owls on this stamp, but I only inked up a portion, since I didn't want to use the other owl. Next I colored them with my Koh-i-noor pencils with OMS (odor-less mineral spirits).


When I was happy with the coloring, I cut them out. I did a little selective pruning on the tree limb so it would fit better when assembled.

Next I punched out a 3/4 inch circle from Whisper White card stock and sponged it with So Saffron and just a bit of River Rock ink.


For the background, I punched out a scallop circle from Whisper White cs, using Stampin' Up's scallop circle punch. I did some heavy sponging with Ballet Blue ink, leaving the center just a bit lighter.

Next, I adhered the circle (moon) off center on the scallop circle and added dots with my black craft marker.

Next I adhered the owl, so that he hid a portion of the moon.

For the back, I used a computer generated phrase and punched it out with a 1 1/2 inch circle punch. I put that on another scallop circle sponged with blue.

Then it was a simple matter to sandwich the York Patty between the layers and your're done.

Hope you enjoy your day!

7 comments:

Annapurna said...

How cool! Love the idea.

Now I brush my teeth, hit the pillow, find this pellet, can't resist, eat it, gosh do I have to brush my teeth again? :-))

Allison Rankin said...

Ha ha Anna!

This is super Teresa! And I love the idea of using the owl here (great coloring!).

Anonymous said...

What a great project! I am always looking for ideas for favors. This is so cute!
And as I read down your blog... I did see the "no" Heat Embossing on the punny card... and actually said it out loud to myself before reading on to your posting about it! LOL!
How can we live without EP?
Allison Lee

Melanie said...

wow, if I got one of these my stay would never end!!

Deb Wood said...

Oh my gosh these are soooo cute!! I just happened to see this on the side bar and had to check it out!! I bet they sure get a smile and a giggle out of these!

Heidi Boos said...

I was scouring the web looking for projects to create using a scalloped punch and I came across your blog and the ADORABLE owl pellets! I'll be linking this idea on my site as part of a list of ideas I'm sharing! Love this!!

Brenda said...

Okay...I work at a wildlife sanctuary and we disect owl pellets in my Junior Naturalist program; so needless to say I had to check this one out...so glad it is not what I was thinking..ha ha...it turned out so cute and a great idea...smiles Brenda