Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tutorial - Making a Round Tab Using Word Window Punch

I keep coming across all these great projects on Split Coast Stampers using the nifty round tab punch by Stampin' Up. Unfortunately, I don't have a round tab punch, but I figured out a way to get the same look using the word window punch and a corner rounder, which I do have.

It doesn't come out perfectly, but I think it will serve to get me by until I can buy a round tab punch. I made a video showing the process in case anyone out there wants to try it. Let me know what you think.



I think this technique may be useful for creating different sized round tabs, particularly if incorporating ovals. I also think it would be easier if I had the SU corner rounder so I could remove the paper guard. Another punch to add to my wish list.

The card above is a pocket card that I made using the technique in the video. Papers - Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. Inks - Groovy Guava and Chocolate Chip. Stamps - Merci.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so crafty! I am just amazed at how you think out of the box! I especially love the punched BUNNY. Thanks for sharing!
Allison

Heidi said...

Thanks for the great tutorial! I have both of these punches so I am definitely going to have to try this!

Anonymous said...

I just found your link thru Splitcoast. Thanks for the round tab tutorial. I don't have that punch either-but I do have the two that you used here. Thanks for sharing your tip...I'm going off now to try it!