Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summer Tree Scene Tutorial

Hello and happy Independence Day to all my American friends!  I used images from The Northwoods stamp set to make this summery birthday card.

Did you see Gina has a special going now through July 7? You can get one or both of the duos mini sets in the graphic above. Click here to see how you can get yours.

Gina and members of the Design Team and CSS Alumni Team are blog hopping today to inspire you. Here are all the blogs participating today. Be sure to check them out for loads of inspiration!

Gina
Lee
Laurie
Cat
Sean
Carolina
Latisha
Tami
Val
Cheri
Miesje
Vicki
Lori
Tera
Melissa C.
Geri
Karen
Brenda



To make my card, I started by cutting and embossing white card stock with Spellbinders® A2 Matting Basics A die template, then began sponging with Gina K Powder Blue ink.

I stamped the tree image on sticky notes to create a mask.

I cut along the edge of the tree line to create the mask edge, placed it on my background and then sponged Gina K Fresh Asparagus ink.

Then I removed the mask and stamped the trees, using Gina K Dark Sage ink, being careful to line up the image with the sponged line I created with my mask.

I used Copic marker V000 to add some shadows for the trees.

Then a little more shading with YG93.

Then I stamped the deer, again using Gina K Dark Sage ink. I used YG93 again to add a shadow for the deer.

I layered with a piece of Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used Pure Luxury Ocean Mist for the card base (5 ½ by 4 ¼). I stamped the sentiment, using Gina K Black ink, directly on the card base. The sentiment is from Vogue Vases 2.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Crafty Math Chick said...

Another amazing tutorial! Happy 4th of July Theresa!
~ Meredith

Nana Griffin said...

Very lovely and serene, Theresa.

Kitty said...

Your card is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing

Blessings,
Kathleen

Unknown said...

Hi Theresa,
Another beautiful card,wish I could have tuition from you!!
Shirley
x

Cheryl said...

OMGosh, this is amazing! Thank you so much for the tutorial! I am in awe of your ability to add shadows and background--two things I desperately want to learn to do. I'm following you now, so maybe I'll pick up a few things! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog this morning!

Ava Gavloski said...

amazing as always

sarah said...

This is the reason why you keep me inspired. This card is beautiful, and I am so appreciative of you sharing your cards and tutorials. What can you say other than Wow? Thank you Theresa! <3

Neesey said...

This is so sweet. I wonder.....how do you make such perfect shadows? On the trees, and deer. Simply amazes me.

Pauline said...

Thanks I enjoyed the steps by step Can't wait to make these cards