Thursday, February 14, 2013

Floral Birthday Card Tutorial

Hello! Did you see Gina is having a sale on two fabulous stamp sets? I was inspired to make a card using both sets, Ticket Trio and You Say Goodbye and I say Ello. 

Here are the details. The sale lasts through Saturday, Feb 16th.

I started my card by cutting and embossing Pure Luxury White card stock using Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® A2 Matting Basics A and sponged Gina K Innocent Pink ink while it was still in the die template.

I removed the card stock from the die template and stamped the sentiment, from Ticket Trio, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Then I stamped the cute little flower, from Ticket Trio, using Gina K Innocent Pink, Red Hot, Powder Blue and Ocean Mist inks. If you look closely, you can see I didn't even bother to clean the stamp between colors, just stamped off on scratch paper between colors. So you'll see bits of red on the blue flowers and just a bit of a purple tinge from the merging colors.

For the background layer, I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White to 4 by 5 ¼ inches. Then I stamped the border image, from You Say Goodbye, using Gina K Innocent Pink. I stamped the image two times to make a larger border.

I used Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms to make the dimensional flowers. I cut and embossed white card stock, then sponged Gina K Innocent Pink.

After removing from the die template, I sponged more Innocent Pink on the back and edges of the larger, outer petals. They are on the inside of the circle when sponging, but those will be the outer petals after I roll up the flower.

I like to use a piercing tool to get the flower started. I just start rolling it up starting from the outside (which will become the center) then start rolling. After I get a little way along, I just slide the piercing tool out and keep rolling. I made two flowers, using the two larger die templates from Bitty Blossoms.

For the leaves, I used Pure Luxury Creame de Menthe and sponged Gina K Fresh Asparagus ink while still in the die templates.

I layered with Pure Luxury Innocent Pink and used an Innocent Pink card base (4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches). Then I added some tiny self adhesive pearls to the centers of the stamped flowers.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Mieke said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love your tutorials - the pictures and steps are clear, simple, and short. I learn something every time I visit. Thanks for sharing!

Eileen L. said...

Always love seeing your step by steps. The end result is always gorgeous. Beautiful card.

Dianne said...

Really pretty soft colors the flower is lovely, thanks for sharing how you did it..

Rosy Newlun said...

Such delicate colors, layers, sponging! Thank you for the tutorials, and your creations <3