Monday, May 28, 2012

Sweet Thank You

 Hi there! I hope you all had a nice weekend. I'm back, after a little break, with a new Sweet Strawberries project. Most of the time, when I color with Copics, I take advantage of as many markers as possible to get the blending I want. But, I know that many of you, that are just starting your collection, may not have a lot of Copic markers within the same color family. So on today's card I decided to limit the number of markers I used to show you how you can get good shading with just two markers per family.

 I stamped the strawberry plant using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I used R27 to color in about half of each strawberry.

 Then I added R22, leaving a small area uncolored on each strawberry. After adding R22, I used a blender pen to soften the highlight area.

 Then I went back with the R27 to deepen the shading more in the shadows. By layering the R27 back on itself, it gets darker. If you wanted to deepen the shadows even more, and didn't have a darker red, you could always use a violet, or grey for even darker shading.

 For the foliage, I started with G05.

 Then I added YG03, again leaving small highlight areas uncolored. Next, I used my blender pen to soften the highlighted areas.

 Then I went back with the G05 to deepen the shading.

 I used Spellbinders™ Classic Circles LG Nestabilities® to cut out the image, then sponged one of the new Memento colors, Peanut Brittle, using a jumbo sponge dauber.

 Used W3 to add a shadow.

Then YR65 for a little more shadow.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury Ivory to 4 by 5 ¼ inches and sponged around the edges with Memento Peanut Brittle. 

Using a Spellbinders M-Bossabilities™ folder, Enchanted side B, I embossed the card stock. Then I used the same jumbo sponge dauber, without re-inking, so it was pretty dry, to sponge over the raised areas.

I didnt get step by step photos of the single strawberry with flower. I used the same two reds and greens to color the strawberry and Y17 & YR000 to color the flower. I layered with Pure Luxury Pumpkin Spice, Tan Leather and Lipstick Red and used Sweet Corn for the card base. That gorgeous crepe ribbon is fro Creative Impressions. Finished size 4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches. 


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day! 



11 comments:

Omega said...

Beautiful card, I love the colors, the texture and your copic coloring is superb.

Madeleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madeleen said...

Thank you for the colouring tutorial Theresa! Another fabulous creation!

Janie Printz said...

So glad to see you back with another card to show us &it's a beauty ... You are the only one I've seen do these wonderful step by step tutorials & they are so amazing & very helpful. Truly do enjoy them. Thats all I did today was watch you make cards, love the few videos as well....I didn't get much done but sure enjoyed seeing how you make those perfect backgrounds.
Janie

Regina Hardy said...

Your tutorials are all so awesome. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Lynn B. said...

Thank you so much for thinking of those of us with limited markers. I soooo appreciate it!

Tami B. said...

I am one of those with few markers, so thank you bunches for this tutorial.

Beth Norman said...

Thank you for another wonderful tutorial. Your card is gorgeous.

pitchoune said...

thank you for this tutorial,A+

Lindsay M. said...

wow!!!! stunning!!! I'm so glad I got this stamp set! you inspire me to get going and use it!!! Gorgeous card!!! simply amazing!!!

Barb Ghig said...

I must have gotten behind on your blog...this is such a gorgeous card!!! As always, thank you for your inspiration and your wonderful tutorial!!!