Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cheers! Tutorial

Hi there! I'm back with the tutorial for this card I showed you the other day. Sorry about the wait. I had a lazy day yesterday and accomplished nothing crafty except ordering a few things.

To begin, I stamped the strawberry daiquiri image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used Copics to color, starting with RV29.

Added R27.

Added R24.

Added R22.

Filled in with R20.

To deepen the shading I added R89.

I filled in the foliage with YG07, then added YG09. For the glass I shaded with C5.

Then added C3.

I added a bit of B00 to the glass and YR000 to the straw.

I used BV11 to outline the image and cut it out with Spellbinders™ Nestabilities®
 Labels 4 die template.

I added a shadow below the glass with BV11.

Sponged Memento Desert Sand ink.

Sponged Memento Bahama Blue.

I used a sticky note to mask the sky and cut out an image of the daiquiri to mask the drink, then I sponged more Memento Bahama Blue. Try not to notice that the sticky is crooked, please. I then sponged a crooked sea using Memento Bahama Blue.

I removed the masks and added some texture to the sand by dotting N3 and W5 Copic markers.

I stamped the sentiment and cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Eighteen, sponging around the edges with Memento Bahama Blue. I colored and cut out the small strawberry with flower and layered all the pieces on a card base of Pure Luxury Ocean Mist. The layers were popped up with Pop Dots and score lines created with my Scor-Buddy.

I'll be back tomorrow with a very special blog hop for my friend Karen. And I hope you have been checking out the wonderful projects being shared during the Spellbinders Spring Blog Hop and Giveaway.  Here is a list of all the blogs participating…


Monday, April 30th
Tuesday, May 1st
Wednesday, May 2nd
Thursday, May 3rd
Friday, May 4th
Saturday, May 5th


Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

erzibügelchen said...

Cheers and yummy-yummy!

Your card is FABULOUS!

Hugs from Germany
Gaby

XxJULESxX said...

i love the card it's gorgeous thank you for the tut!, i always come over and look at your work even though i may not always comment.I think your talent is amazing!!!!!!thanks for the inspiration!

Dana Joy said...

Beautiful coloring. Fabulous card too.