Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Branched Out Savannah

 Hello there! I have a new Wild About You card today. I actually filmed a video making this card, so we'll see if I can get it uploaded and edited. I hope to post it later this week.

 I used Spellbinders™ Labels Eighteen Nestabilities™(largest die) to cut a piece of Pure Luxury White card stock and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink while still in the die template.

 Next, I used Spellbinders Classic Circles LG, using the second smallest die template, to cut a mask and adhered it to the labels shape, using re-postionable tape. Then I sponged a bit more Memento Cantaloupe ink.

I sponged a bit of Memento Tangelo ink around the edges at the top.

 I removed the mask, then sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves from the bottom.

 Stamped the tree using Stazon Jet Black ink. I used some sticky notes to mask around the edge to keep the ink off the narrow white band. I could have left it in the die template, but the thinness of the sticky notes makes for a cleaner impression when stamping off the edge.

 Next I stamped the giraffes, again with Stazon and using sticky notes to mask the edge.

I decided I wanted the foreground to be darker, so I put the card stock back in the die template and sponged some Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

 Then stamped the small grass several times with Stazon Jet Black.

I cut two branches, using Spellbinders™ Foliage Shapeabilities®, then sponged some Memento Bamboo Leaves to stencil.

For my card base, I used Pure Luxury Kraft (5 ½ by 4 ¼ inches). I used my Scor-Buddy to add some decorative score lines to the bottom and left side. The sentiment is stamped on Pure Luxury white and free hand cut out. I used Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares to pop up the layers. 


Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful day! 


4 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is beautiful - I love your tutorials xx

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Theresa. I just love all of your tutorials. :)

Tami B. said...

Yay, I finally get to actually see you in action and watch how you sponge these beautiful cards you always come up with. Can't wait for the video!

Madeleen said...

Theresa, your Africa cards are absolutely gorgeous! They make me miss my country so much! Thanks for sharing your tutorials!