Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gina K Designs Release Party Tonight!

 Hello! Today the Gina K Design Team are hopping and inviting you to our release party tonight, at StampTV. My card is from one of the two stamps set I illustrated this month, By The Sea. We have a fun evening planned for you - chatting, prizes, challenges, stamp sets reveal, design team shares, and most importantly, at the end of the party you will be able to go shopping!

If you came from Tina's blog, you're at the right place. If not make sure to head over to StampTV  where you will find a list of all those participating in today's hop.

Hope to see you at the party, here are all the details:

Head on over to Tami's blog to see what sneak peek she's sharing with you today and see you back here tomorrow for the beginning of our four day Inspiration Blog Hop series for May!

 I started by cutting a background with rectangle Nestabilities. I also cut a circle from a sticky note to use as a mask for the sun. I sponged lightly with Memento Cantaloupe ink around the sun.

 Keeping the background in the die, I sponged Memento Summer Sky.

 Then sponged Memento Danube Blue.

 Used a sticky note to mask at the horizon line and sponged more Memento Danube Blue.

 I removed the horizon mask and circle mask and then used the sticky note I had cut the circle from, to mask the sky around the sun. Sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink in the circle.

 Then sponged Memento Tangelo in the circle.

 Stamped the lighthouse, from By The Sea, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

 I stamped the lighthouse again, on another piece of white cardstock, and colored with Copics. I started with W3.

 Added W1.

 Then I added R24 to the stripes.

 Added R22, leaving highlights in the center uncolored. Then I used my blender pen to soften the edges of the color, letting some of the R22 bleed into the highlighted areas.

 Added N5 shade at the top and to the stone foundation.

 Then added N3.

 Added E37.

 Added E35.

 Then filled in with E53. After coloring, I cut out the image.

 I adhered the lighthouse to the background, over the one I had stamped. Then I used B26, B24 and an opaque white gel pen to add some waves and texture to the sea.

I stamped the silhouette seagulls in front of the sun, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I layered with Pure Luxury Red Hot and used a Baby Boy Blue card base. The sentiment is also from By The Sea.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

34 comments:

Melanie said...

eeek!! So gorgeous with the sun behind, love these nautical colors and your beautiful hand drawn illustration!

Lori said...

Gorgeous Theresa!! I can't wait to get my hands on this set, I love lighthouses!!!

Carolina said...

What a stunning scene and thanks for the wonderful step-by-step.

Becky said...

This is stunning Theresa, love this light house.

Tina said...

So so pretty!! So peaceful!!

Alison H said...

CANNOT WAIT to get this set! YAY! Gorgeous card.

Kary said...

Hi Theresa! Such a BEAUTIFUL card!! I really think it's Amazing!! Do you think I could ask you to make one more for me, just for my dad?? Just kidding, but it's Gorgeous. Thank you for the tutorial too. I'm really looking forward to the release.

Cynthia said...

This is fabulous (as always), Theresa! Your coloring of this image is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful...looking forward to your new stamps.
Debbie D.

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card!

Giovana said...

This is beautiful Theresa!! Love your tutorial :)

Sharon in Arizona said...

Beautiful card, Theresa. Love this image. I do appreciate your tutorials with every card...can't tell you how many times I've used them. You are such an inspiration to me. Thanks!!!! Hugs, Sharon :o)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Killer coloring my friend! Love this set :)

Crafty Math Chick said...

You create light in some many breath-taking ways Theresa, WOW! Thank you for all the time you take in creating these step-by-step tutorials for us, I really appreciate them!
~Meredith

Pam said...

there isn't a father around that wouldn't love this card. It is wow

Unknown said...

WOW! What a fantastic lighthouse card, he will love it. And of course your colors are perfect!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a wonderful design and love the coloring tutorial as well. You make it look so, so easy.

Lagene said...

What a gorgeous scene! Thanks for the tutorial!

Kay S said...

So beautiful, Theresa! Thanks for the tutorial also! Can't wait to see your whole set!

Card-Eology said...

Theresa you do this to me every release!! I must now go and clean up the drool off my keyboard! Honestly Theresa, your talents are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic manly card
ColleenB

DJreflections said...

You are just too good at coloring with the copics. Nice card!

Judy Inukai said...

Another awesome card with an awesome tutorial. Thanks for the great inspiration.

lisa808 said...

Love the image & card!

Jo said...

Now that's a work of art!!! Just beautiful.

Ravengirl said...

What a fabulous Father's Day card! Love the knotted twine at the bottom!

Kris in Alaska said...

This is my absolute favorite! TFS!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Terrie said...

Love this .. thanks for the step by step instructions ..so very helpful !!!

Anonymous said...

spectacular!

NormaJ said...

Theresa you have come up with winners this time. Gorgeous. My favourite being the Vogue Vases.
So many variations of style. Love it.

WyoGirl said...

I love your cards and really appreciate all the instructions you give to make them.

Peggy May said...

You are so talented , love your cards

sandi said...

Gorgeous!!! Love everything about this card.. Wish I was sitting on the beach enjoying the weather. Thank you for sharing.

miatagal said...

Another beautiful card Theresa; can't wait to get these stamps that I have ordered. Your tutorials are so inspirational!