Sunday, November 7, 2010

Tutorial Organization

I'm so excited to tell you I've added another tab button to the top of my blog. I've been busy, busy, busy, organizing all my tutorials, from this past year, into an easy to find list, including thumbnails, that you can scroll through.

Just click on the tab at the top of my blog that says, "Tutorials." You'll go to a page that has all my most recent tutorials, from most recent and working backward chronologically. It goes back through July. There is a link to the first six months of the year at the top of the Tutorial page. Just click on that page to see those.

For my subscribers, you'll need to click through to my blog to see what I am talking about. 

I really hope you all find this helpful. I have to thank Michelle Zindorf, who has been a huge source of inspiration to me. I love the way she organized her tutorials and wanted to do the same.

I'll continue to work on getting the tutorials from 2009 sorted and add those to the tutorial page soon.

I'll leave you with a few photos from some of my recent hikes.


Yesterday we did a 9.4 mile hike along Mill Creek, at Whiskeytown, to Boulder Falls.

Here is another photo of the falls.

The hike along Mill Creek was beautiful. There were tons of lady bugs, all clustered on stumps and branches, but as the day warmed up they started moving about and flying here and there. When we got back to the car, we had to brush them off ourselves, so they didn't get trapped inside with us.


A few weeks ago we went on a hike at Lassen Park and came across this huge mushroom thingy. (I don't know if they are called mushrooms when they are growing on the side of a stump like this?) You can't tell by the photo, but it was about a foot in diameter and had such beautiful coloring.

Here was one of 12 lakes we passed on this 11 mile Lassen  trail. We are trying to take a lot of long hikes because I've decided I want to try to hike Half Dome (Mom, don't click that link) next summer. It's 14-17 miles depending on which route you take and 4800 feet elevation gain.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Theresa,

They're (aptly) called shelf mushrooms when they grow out from trees like that. Some are awesomely beautiful. What a great hike! Impressive distance, too. Your hiking time is a great counterpoint to your papercrafting time. As for Half Dome, all I can say is you go, girl! I'll take Nevada Falls and back. xox

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow stunning piccies what a gorgeous olace to have near you to walk by, sue,x

LorraineB said...

Love your blog, love your stamps, love your tutorials. Theresa, that is one long hike! You are a crazy person - lol. I get tired just thinking about it.

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous pictures, long hike, glad you enjoyed your hike!

Maire Gamber said...

Thank you for all your work you do on your tutorials. The new format is fabulous!. I often go back and review your tutorials time and time again. I too love your stamsp. I own just albout all of them. I recently won a Gina K challenge and a friend (who doesn't craft) said... "I know, get another Theresa Momber stamp set"! There you go!

Payne Holler Cards said...

yikes! this WAS a lot of work but thank you thank you! I pop over here all the time - you are our own personal classroom (-:
love these pics - just gorgeous - but I feel your Mom's "whaattt???" yet my hats off to you! do it while you can,
hugs
Linda

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Theresa - I love the tutorial page and yes, it is going to be so helpful !!

Great photos of your hike - TFS them.

Janet

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great minds think alike! I was working on the same thing!! In a much smaller version though!! lol

PatS said...

Love your new organization. This works for me. I am so envious of your walks. Your pictures are stunning!

Patti J said...

Oh dear, if I walked that far, you'd have to call the EMT'S!!! So happy with your new tab! Can't wait to try out some of them out! Hugs!!!

Erica said...

What beautiful photos. I felt like I was on the hike with you. That mushroom, YIKES. That could have been lunch...if it was edible. :)
BTW, I took a MZ class, but I just wasn't able to become proficient enough and I lacked confidence, however,loving the technique, I find that your technique is more suitable to my creative side and I am regularly using it. Thanks for reading my babble.

Marimer said...

gracias Theresa, si ya con tus tutos que he ido guardando me iba de cine, ahora mucho mas facil, es magnífico. En todo se ve que eres una gran artista y muy generosa.
Besitos.

Sharon in Arizona said...

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, Theresa for that terrific tutorial tab. Love the way you have organized it. I am such an admirer of your work and now it will be so easy to locate a specific technique. Your pictures are so beautiful - wow, you do love to hike. Good luck in your training!!!!!! Hugs, Sharon :o)

Judy Covey said...

Fantastically beautiful pictures Theresa. Thanks for reorganizing your tutorials, it's got to be very time consuming to take pictures of every step along the way when making your cards. I'm not your mother (but I'm sure that I'm old enough to be), I looked at the pictures of Half Dome and I don't think that you should do it. This is all coming from the mouth of a non-adventurous person. I love hiking, but not to that extreme. If you do decide to undertake this dangerous hike, I wish you luck.

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Thanks for the great job organizing your tutorials. I refer back to them a lot and this will make it easier. Your pictures of your hike were gorgeous.

artnsoul said...

Beautiful pictures, just reflects the love of nature. I will be using your tutorials a lot. Thanks.