Monday, November 29, 2010

Sending Happy Thoughts

Happy Monday! It's time for another sketch challenge at StampTV and here is my card sample. I used the tree and sentiment from Fanciful Fall.

Here is Gina's sketch. I rotated it and used masking and sponging to make the circles on my card.

To start my background, I sponged Memento Angel Pink at the top of my cardstock.

I added a mask, cut using a 1 1/4 inch circle punch and held in place with re-positionable tape. Then I sponged more Memento Angel Pink ink.

Sponged Memento Rose Bud.

Sponged Memento Rhubarb Stalk.

I stamped the tree using Black Stazon ink.

I cut a larger circle using Circle Nestabilities, and used the negative piece as my mask. Then I sponged in the open circular space, using Memento Tuxedo Black.

I removed the mask and added some highlight to the leaves, using my white gel pen.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a Bubblegum Pink card base. The sentiment is popped up with Pop Dots. I also added some piercing to two opposing corners.

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check back tomorrow (or late tonight for some peeks at new Gina K stamp sets! Have a great day!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Gorgeous as usual. :)

Melanie said...

masterpiece!! love the fade out at the bottom!!

Anonymous said...

Stunning work Theresa, your masking and sponging techniques are just amazing and so inspiring - thank you for sharing!

Marie said...

Very pretty. Thanks for the step by step instructions.

froebelsternchen said...

so beautiful!
I always like your great inspirations! Thank you for sharing your pieces and the fantastic workshops !

xxx Susi

Mickey said...

Very pretty and thanks for the instructions. I will have to try this technique.