Monday, November 1, 2010

Gina K Previews - Day 1

Wow, it's preview time at Gina K Designs and we have some fabulous stamp sets to show you this week! First is Melanie Muenchinger's latest design, A Year of Borders. I'm crazy about this set. It has something for every season! I used the poinsettia Christmas border on this card. More details below.

Next, Nina Brackett has come up with another fantastic stamp set that coordinates with Spellbinders Dies! This time she created a beautiful Winter Mittens set that fits the Spellbinders mittens die set. And check out the oval border that is also in this set! (I snuck in a sentiment from a set to be revealed later this week - shhh, don't tell)

For more inspiration using A Year of Borders and Winter Mittens, be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has come up with...

Gina K
Cathy Tidwell
Carolyn King
Emily Giovanni
Lee Murphy
Melanie Muenchinger -
illustrator A Year of Borders
Nina Brackett -
illustrator Winter Mittens
Theresa Momber


And be sure to join us at at StampTV for our release party, this Thursday, Nov 4, at 7pm Central.


To make the poinsettia card, I first stamped the border on Pure Luxury White cardstock.

I colored with Copic markers, starting with R89.

Added R27.

Added R24.

Filled in with R22 and used my blender pen to push in some highlights.

Use E59 on the cone.

Added E33.

Then used E51 to fill in and blend.

Made swipes with G28 on the pine needles.

Added swipes of YG99 and YG97. After coloring, I cut out two poinsettias and the surrounding foliage.

I cut an over, from Pure Luxury Ivory, using oval Nestabilities and sponged with Memento Bamboo Leaves while still in the die.

I used a piece of DP from Basic Grey's Jovial pack, and stamped the border, using Memento Rhubarb ink, across the bottom.

I layered with Pure Luxury Ivory, Cranberry Tart and used Fresh Asparagus for the card base. The cut out image was adhered with Pop Dots. I added white dots to the center of the poinsettias, using an opaque white gel pen. I also added self adhesive pearls to the corners. The sentiment is from Blessed is the Season.

38 comments:

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh Theresa! Your cards are stunning!!

Melissa said...

Beautiful cards Theresa and as always, another fab-o tutorial. You rock girly!

AKiteFlier said...

GORGEOUS gorgeous - just makes me smile EVERY time I visit your blog. ROCK ON T!!

Carolyn King said...

beautifully done girl! LOVE how you used part of the border and that mitten card is just devine! (psst....I am ratting you out about the sentiment tho :)
smile!

Allison Cope said...

Two stunning card Theresa! Love the way you used the pieces of the border set to act as embellies on your last card. Just beautiful chickie!

Tina said...

What can I say... these are both FABULOUS!! LOVE how you used the border and that mitten card is totally awesome... love the PD as well!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh my you so rocketh! LOVE how you did the poinsettias, just gorgeous and look at you using DP too!! Awesome T!

Lee said...

Oh girl you KNOW you make me SMILE with your coloring!! It's absolutely stunning!!! And that mitten card is so cool!!!

Melanie said...

love how you showcased this set, great use of just part AND stamping it over Dp, no olor! beautiful tutorial!

and great mitten card, love the patterns,colors glitter on the flake...

emilymomto3boys said...

Wow - what a gorgeous way to showcase the poinsettia stamp!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Theresa- I drool over your gorgeous cards. I love how you did the mitten card- aaack-I love them both!

joy said...

I am always inspired by your projects, you always do such a beautiful job!

Jennie said...

Beautiful designs Theresa! Love what you did with Melanie and the sponging, WOW! Also such a cute mitten design...love the dp!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the "sweater" material of your mitten! Both cards are beautiful - I love your work!!

Pati said...

Very pretty!! Very cool with the outline stamp on the dp and wonderful bright green center, love your coloring!

Becky said...

Beautiful cards, I just love those poinsettias.

Betty Neville said...

Really gorgeous cards Theresa! Love them both!

Kary said...

Wow, both your cards are so beautiful!! I love pretty the colours are on both cards. The poinsettia card my favourite. Thanks for the tutorial too :)

Cheryl O said...

Loved your poinsettia card, it was just beautiful!! Thank you for the step by step tutorial.....

Miesje said...

Stunning samples! I love the way you colored the poinsettia!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Stunning cards, coloring and sponging like always! Love them!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful cards, Theresa! Gorgeous coloring and shading on the poinsettia card! Love the clean lines and great papers you used for the mitten card!

NinaB said...

I love the romantic feel of your vintage cards, Theresa. And your tutorials are always so helpful.

Francie G. said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing you wonderful coloring tips!

Selma said...

More gorgeous cards Theresa. I love the way you used Melanie's set. Your work is always fabulous.

Janeen said...

GORGEOUS and thanks for showing us "how"

Kathy and Lucky said...

Lovin' your cards and your coloring, these are just plain gorgeous!!!!!

Cathy P in AZ said...

What FANTABULOUS cards! The poinsettia card is a work of art! Just beautiful!!! TFS!

Kay S said...

Beautiful cards, Theresa! Your poinsettia card is so elegant and I love how you used the mitten as your focal point along with the various dp. Really a pretty card.

Vera said...

These cards are just fabulous, Theresa! I think you've convinced me I need Melanie's new border stamps!

Valerie said...

I just love all your work, you are a very gifted and talented lady I count it a privilage to be able to see how it all comes together. So thanks for all your effort.

Jan said...

I look forward to seeing your work ALL THE TIME. Your detail to detail tutorials are awesome, and I love seeing what you create. You are very talented.

stampqueen said...

Both cards are absolutly stunning!!!!

Unknown said...

wow these cards are very pretty
like the tutorial that you did
like your cards alot
thank for showing

LindaS said...

Amazing work.

ReNae Allen said...

I love your mitten card. Is the texture on the mitten (it looks like yarn--knitted) is it a stamp, or is it paper? Even the snowflake appears to have been embroidered on the mitten. Beautiful card!

ReNae Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kc said...

Wow and double wow. I just love the cards! They are all beautiful.