Monday, November 22, 2010

Cool Joy

Hello, Stampers! It's a brand new sketch challenge at StampTV today and I hope you'll play along. Here is my sample using images from Life is Good.

And here is the sketch Gina provided us with.

To start my background, I sponged Memento Summer Sky on Pure Luxury White cardstock. I started from the edges and worked my way inward, leaving the center un-colored.

Stamped the left bank, from Life is Good, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I colored with Copics, starting with N5.

Added N3.

Then added N1.

Next, I sponged Memento Danube Blue, again working from the edges inward.

I added a sticky note to mask the top and then sponged just a tad more Danube Blue across the center.

Then I sponged Memento Paris Dusk around the edges.

Removed the mask and stamped the cattails, from Life is Good, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Stamped the cattails some more using Memento London Fog, which I stamped off once on scratch paper, then stamped on the cardstock.

Stamped a few more times, using Paris Dusk.

Added some highlights with my opaque white gel pen.

To create the scalloped border, I used a scrap of Pure Luxury Black Onyx and cut just one side with my scallop square Nestabilities. After adding the scalloped edge, I trimmed the other side to size.

Layered my background with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a SU Bashful Blue card base. The sentiment is from Seasonal Sayings (Gina K).

Thanks for visiting. I will be working on a card for the color challenge to post on Friday, but I'm not sure if I will have time to do any other cards this week, with all the festivities and getting ready for the next Gina K release. Previews start next Monday!

If I don't talk to you sooner, please have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

18 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Great tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing! :o)

Tina said...

You are the master at sceneries, Theresa. LOVE this card!

Ruthie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Patti J said...

Saw this on Stamp TV this morning, and thought I had all of my oohing and aahing out of my system. Then I got here, and I'm at it again! You ARE the master of sceneries! Love this, Theresa, and thanks for the great tutorial! Have a good week, dear friend!

Tammie Edgerton said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous.

Sue said...

Hi ya Theresa
as ever a stunning creation, very peacful, luv the colours, sue,x

Alexandra said...

This is beautiful. Lovely scene and I love the scalloped border idea. Thanks so much for the great tutorial and inspiration.

Selma said...

This is gorgeous Theresa.

Sandy Knecht said...

This card is so pretty! Thanks for the tutorial.

Nana Griffin said...

I love it! I always love to see what you have for us each and every day. It is wonderful to get so many great ideas for the Gina K stamp sets. They are my most favorite and what I have most of.

Anonymous said...

Truly magnificent card, and what a wonderfully serene scene. Theresa is tops!!

Many thanks,
Mary Mac

Anonymous said...

This specific place saved me $487 for the entire year! They are really an internet based service plus they are kind, caring, along with take fantastic care of their clients. Most importantly for me, they reply to e-mail and reply calls with humans.

Sergei said...

The card is so cool! I love the technique you used. Great tutorial!

Janeen said...

Thanks for showing all the steps. I love the way the cattails turned out and I wouldn't have thought to stamp them in anything but black. :)

Anonymous said...

Theresa Momber's Blog is the neatest place to visit! Showing all the sequences and tips, plus samples were just great...thanks! Carol

Vicki said...

Don't tell the others, but your cards are my absolute favorite...they're beautiful.

Janet said...

Just fabulous. TFS.

Janet