Saturday, May 1, 2010

Don't Worry!

Here is a card I already shared during the Gina K release previews last week. I promised to share the coloring tutorial and am just now getting around to it.

Before I start, I want to answer a few questions...

The majority of my cards are 4.25 by 5.5 inches. When I make square cards they vary from 4 inches square to 5.5 inches square.

The sponge daubers I use are called Jumbo Sponge Daubers. I get mine at Gina K and I know Michaels also carries them.

I adore this funny little fish from Quite a Catch. That expression is priceless. I stamped him with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Copics. I started with R27.

Added YR07, coloring over the previous color.

Blended out from there with Y17.

Blended out from there with Y21, leaving a few highlights uncolored. Then I used my blender pen to blend the Y21 into the highlight areas slightly.

For the lips, I colored in with R29, then pushed in some highlights with my blender pen.

I outlined the fins with V06.

Then filled in with V00.

Used B00 on the eyes.


For the seaweed, I filled in with YG03 and added shading with YG95.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White cardstock with a rectangle Nestabilities, then sponged Memento Summer Sky while still in the die.

Then sponged Memento Danube Blue.

The card base is Pure Luxury In The Navy. I embossed the front with my Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug folder. The background is popped up with Pop Dots and the images are cut out and also popped up.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are having a great weekend!

All images and supplies for this card can be found at Gina K Designs.

6 comments:

Lori said...

I just might have to place another order to get this set, your tutorials are fabulous. I've followed them as best I can using pencils, no Copics yet.

Sherri Benson said...

Your Tutorials are great and you have become an enabler....I love all the colors of the Memento inks that you use. TFS!

Nana Griffin said...

Sweet card, that fish is adorable.
Thanks so much for stating the card sizes you use on your projects. Maybe now I'll be better able to figure out which size you are using when it doesn't say. That will be a big help I am sure.

C said...

Another great tutorial. What a hilarious image!!

kksb said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are so wonderful to take pictures of your copic coloring and show us step by step. Your coloring and shading skills are marvelous.

Glenda said...

Wonderful coloring techniques! I love all your cards! Thanks for sharing with pictures. It really helps a lot!